Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Delaware County)

Default Use LOGOs when writing politicians

I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who’s a congressional staffer and he reminding me of something I’ve known; that is that when people write their congressman, the letter is essentially scanned for the gist and the writers opinion is simply logged.

This got me thinking back to my days studying marketing in business school and in particular the importance of logos for getting attention (more to the point – “A picture is worth a thousand words”)..

To that end, I suggest when we write our legislators, we attach the “I’m the NRA and I Vote” logo somewhere on the letter..

This will do several things. 1) It will remind our representatives that the NRA is “us” - the millions of voting members, not simply a lobbying group for the gun manufacturers as the anti crowd desperately try to portray & 2) that the politician will face issues at the next election if they vote against civil rights (particularly the 2nd Amendment)

I've attached a usable copy of the NRA LOGO and a sample of how a letter might look with it attached (though you could put it anywhere you like)
    Attached Images Attached Images

(Venango County)

Default Re: Use LOGOs when writing politicians

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    I was talking to a friend of mine the other day who’s a congressional staffer and he reminding me of something I’ve known; that is that when people write their congressman, the letter is essentially scanned for the gist and the writers opinion is simply logged.

This got me thinking back to my days studying marketing in business school and in particular the importance of logos for getting attention (more to the point – “A picture is worth a thousand words”)..

To that end, I suggest when we write our legislators, we attach the “I’m the NRA and I Vote” logo somewhere on the letter..

This will do several things. 1) It will remind our representatives that the NRA is “us” - the millions of voting members, not simply a lobbying group for the gun manufacturers as the anti crowd desperately try to portray & 2) that the politician will face issues at the next election if they vote against civil rights (particularly the 2nd Amendment)

I've attached a usable copy of the NRA LOGO and a sample of how a letter might look with it attached (though you could put it anywhere you like)
    Today's software can also place a nice watermark when printing a paper/letter as well. It also doesn't have to be an NRA logo but that would be one major one. I would also suggest that unless you make one up, you get permission of whatever group it is if you don't belong. Even if you do belong, you might need permission to use their trademark. A general "I belong to NRA and vote" would probably be ok. IANAL but try to be considerate as many groups try to control their 'brand' as much as possible.
    It is you. You have all the weapons that you need. Now fight. --Sucker Punch

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Default Re: Use LOGOs when writing politicians

NRA has a specific logo for members to use for purposes like this.