Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Montgomery County)

Default AR Prices b4 Newtown

I am starting to eye out an AR. I was never really interested in the but now I want one. I'm not familiar with the pre craziness prices so I need some help.

I am looking for a basic AR with the round assist (I think that is the name), iron sights and quad rail...

So what is a fair price for an entry level. I saw a mp sport without the quad or the round assist for 700 plus 70 for the quad.

Saw a stag arms which I never hear of for with the round assit for 850

I am seeing alot of ARs here ... Bushmasters and palmeto for over 1000k are they worth it now that ARs are available at stores...

What should I pay for what I described above

(Delaware County)

Default Re: AR Prices b4 Newtown

I think you mean the forward assist instead of the round assist, but I remember when ARs were going for as low as $600 for a basic M4A3. Prices are falling every week and people are trying to dump ARs off for close to what they paid for them. Give it a few months and assuming nothing else happens you should be able to snag a decent AR for $750. I bought a Stag for $800 right before the shootings and sold it to a buddy for cost. Yeah I could have gotten $2k for it but to me it's about arming the citizenry. Besides you can only carry one AR.

(Chester County)

My first AR was a Stag model 3. I purchased it at the Valley Forge shoe when it was still in Valley forge two years ago. The price was about $700 out the door.

I bought my basic Colt M4 LE6920 for $1145 on October 31st, 2012. So about a month and a half before Newtown. Nothing fancy about it, not even a quad rail. Regular plastic handguards, the new style stock and a detachable carry handle with the iron sight setup.

Now it has all the bells and whistles except a Geissele FCG, which is going in soon (I hope).

(Philadelphia County)

You should really get into building them. Not only are more parts available, but its cheaper, and you can buy everything [except the lower] online without a FFL. They should run you 600$. If you dont want to build a lot, look at the Del-Ton rifle kits for only 500$!!! Everything comes installed except the lower receiver in which case you just buy one and push two pins at the end of each. Oh, and the Del-ton rifle kits can be ordered online without an FFL

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINOWN.22 View Post
    You should really get into building them. Not only are more parts available, but its cheaper, and you can buy everything [except the lower] online without a FFL. They should run you 600$. If you dont want to build a lot, look at the Del-Ton rifle kits for only 500$!!! Everything comes installed except the lower receiver in which case you just buy one and push two pins at the end of each. Oh, and the Del-ton rifle kits can be ordered online without an FFL
    Even building one, $600 isn't going to go far. Especially if you go for the "good stuff" like a Geissele FCG ($210 for the basic SSA, $230 for SSA-E) and Magpul furniture (pistol grip, trigger guard, stock, etc., etc.).

But still, building one is not a bad idea. I do plan on building my next two - a 300 Blackout (7.62x35MM round) and a .50 Beowulf.

(Philadelphia County)

Talking Re: AR Prices b4 Newtown

Quote Originally Posted by Solaran_X View Post
    Even building one, $600 isn't going to go far. Especially if you go for the "good stuff" like a Geissele FCG ($210 for the basic SSA, $230 for SSA-E) and Magpul furniture (pistol grip, trigger guard, stock, etc., etc.).

But still, building one is not a bad idea. I do plan on building my next two - a 300 Blackout (7.62x35MM round) and a .50 Beowulf.
    Ha good luck on the .50 Beowulf!How long youve been saving money for it??
    Well with prices and limited quantities as they are now, building would probably out weigh the odds. If you really want to upgrade it can be done so later but I was just stating a basic model

IF you are really lucky you might be able to get one under 1k. most people think they are holding gold and probably are. If you keep a look out you can usually find a deal.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

Quote Originally Posted by KEVINOWN.22 View Post
    Ha good luck on the .50 Beowulf!How long youve been saving money for it??
    Well with prices and limited quantities as they are now, building would probably out weigh the odds. If you really want to upgrade it can be done so later but I was just stating a basic model
    Alexander Arms has the piston-driven uppers on their website for $1,500, with quad rail already installed. Barrel is already threaded, and the Barrett-style brake is another $100 on top of that. And they weren't tagged as "Out of Stock" either.

I think the prices are pretty well constrained on those two particular calibers because of the limited availability of the round. I was the the gun show at the Pittsburgh Mills last weekend and saw two 300 Blackout uppers for $750 each. Not too many people are going to shell out ridiculous amounts of money for the upper when ammo is pretty much nonexistent/special order for those calibers.

(Allegheny County)

This was the last AR I bought before the madness, it's a Colt 6920 FDE model and paid 1230.00 for it. The regular 6920's were about 200.00 less and I see them starting to get back close to what they were so now may be a good time to start shopping.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast