Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default The New Ruger Vaquero

Hello, I am considering purchasing a new Ruger Vaquero. I was at the store the other day and admiring the bright stainless model with the stylish imitation black hard rubber grips.

My main concern is glare off the front sight blade and the notch on the top strap? Anybody had any experience with these? Is it an issue? If so is there an easy resolution?

Oddly the Blackhawk is about $100.00 cheaper and has adjustable sights.

Cylinder lockup on both models seems not so good. Is that pretty much what to expect from all of them (SAA's) or is it worth badgering store personel to bring out every one they have in stock to get the tightest lockup?

I was going to go for the .45 Long Colt caliber; but after spending almost $70.00 for 3 boxes of shells for my 3rd generation Colt SAA, I'm starting to think .357?

It's been awhile since I shot on a regular basis so any experience or information anyone would share would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

TD

(York County)

Default Re: The New Ruger Vaquero

I have one, .45 LC. Love it but have to sell it. Mine is the color case hardened finish.
    Unless your hunting or serious target (beyond practice like competition) I wouldn't think the glare off of the sights would be an issue. Also I'm sure everyone has an opinion but for my money adjustable sights on a pistol are un-necessary. Forgive me all those who disagree.