Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Emergency Gun Survey

Mike Fitzpatrick wants feed back from Pa public....please fill out the survey.... Please spread the word

http://fitzpatrickforcongress.com/gun-control-survey

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Emergency Gun Survey

I love the "leading" way these survey questions are worded.
    Should gun buyers undergo a background check if they are purchasing from a gun show?
    This implies that people buying guns at gun shows generally do not undergo background checks, which is of course nonsense.
    Should gun buyers undergo a background check if they are purchasing on the internet?
    This implies that people buying guns "on the internet" generally do not undergo background checks, which is of course nonsense.

Preliminary conclusion: This guy is not on our side.

Oh, and on the "About Mike" page:
    In Congress, Mike has passed common sense legislation in a bipartisan fashion
    That's code for, "I have no principles".
    Molon Labe!

(Allegheny County)

Yeah this survey is bullshit. I won't fill it out as he'll just use it support anti gun measures or he'll use the no answers as evidence that we support criminals and illegal guns.

Angry Re: Emergency Gun Survey

"no private citizen should own any military-style weapons."

Fitzpatrick is no friend of gun owners!
    The survey does nothing to support gun owners!

NRA rating:
    PA-8
    Endorsement: Rep. Mike Fitzpatrick (R): A
    (But now I am not sure what this means anymore? Look at Casey and Toomey)

Congressman Mike Fitzpatrick's attempt to stem the tide in gun violence we have seen in recent years with the introduction of his bill, H.R. 329, the Strengthening Background Checks Act.

I would like to applaud our congressmen, Michael Fitzpatrick, for his stand on gun control. When I called his Washington office last week to ask if the congressmen has taken a stand on gun control, I was told by an office staffer that Congressmen Fitzpatrick believes "no private citizen should own any military-style weapons."

http://www.phillyburbs.com/news/loca...2071a72ca.html

"Fitzpatrick and Meehan endorsed tougher background checks and left the door open to other ideas. "I am prepared to give a full and fair consideration to any reasonable piece of legislation," Fitzpatrick said in a release."

"Already, some in their ranks, including Reps. Peter King and Michael Grimm of New York and Michael Fitzpatrick of Pennsylvania, have spoken for action. The message needs to be sent from the nation's bedroom communities: A GOP under the control of the NRA is not an acceptable option for moms and dads who want their kids protected from violence."

http://www.sacbee.com/2013/02/25/521...he-making.html

H.R.329
    Latest Title: Strengthening Background Checks Act of 2013
    Sponsor: Rep Fitzpatrick, Michael G. [PA-8] (introduced 1/22/2013) Cosponsors (2)
    Latest Major Action: 2/28/2013 Referred to House subcommittee. Status: Referred to the Subcommittee on Crime, Terrorism, Homeland Security, And Investigations.SUMMARY AS OF:
    1/22/2013--Introduced.

Strengthening Background Checks Act of 2013 - Amends the NICS Improvement Amendments Act of 2007 to require each state, for each fiscal year after a two-year period after this Act's enactment, to have in effect laws and policies that require it to: (1) provide to the Attorney General not less than 90% of the records relevant to a determination of whether a person is disqualified from possessing or receiving a firearm that are required to be provided under such Act for the National Instant Criminal Background Check System; and (2) provide such records to the Attorney General in the same manner, or in a manner substantially similar to, that in which such records are required to be provided by the state under such Act.

Directs the Attorney General to withhold 10% of the Edward Byrne Memorial Justice Assistance Grant funds that would otherwise be allocated to the state if the state fails to comply with such requirements. Authorizes the Attorney General to waive such withholding for a state: (1) for one year if the state provides substantial evidence that it is making a reasonable effort to comply; and (2) for additional one-year periods if the state provides substantial evidence that it is making a reasonable effort to comply and if the Attorney General withholds 5% of the amount that would otherwise be allocated to a state for each one-year period.

Authorizes appropriations for FY2012-FY2015 for grants under such Act to states and Indian tribal governments to establish or upgrade information and identification technologies for firearms eligibility determinations. Appropriates such authorized amount for the first fiscal year beginning after enactment of this Act and cancels a corresponding amount of the unobligated balances available under the Department of Justice Assets Forfeiture Fund.

http://thomas.loc.gov/cgi-bin/bdquer...:@@@D&summ2=m&

(Allegheny County)

NOT A CHANCE will you get me to fill in this crap survey..... to suit his bs agenda.

(Bucks County)

The most obvious agendized survey I've ever seen.

Aimed specifically at the low info voter who knows nothing about how things work

Just sent him an email how ridiculous it is.
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Philadelphia County)

I can't fill out that survey. The questions are leading and full of omissions.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    I can't fill out that survey. The questions are leading and full of omissions.
    I so agree!
    Then join in the fight that will give you the right to be free! ~Les Mis

(Wayne County)

Just got off the phone with his office in DC and told his staff to stop with the misleading surveys. Now heres the funny part the young lady (Katie) asked for my name I told her it was Ballotbox, she asked me how spelled it