Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    (Lancaster County)

Default Re: moving to lancaster city

The snow situation in the city is all relative to where you live. At my old place we had off street parking and it was no issue. Where we live now, we have on street parking only, but are on kind of a side street, so again we usually have no problem.

During heavy snows, the city also allows you to park vehicles in the parking garages in town free of charge. It is a nice option we have used as well. You will just have to walk there and back and if you are going to live in a city, small as Lancaster may be, that is just a part of life.

The chair thing definitely does happen, but again, it's all about where you choose to live in town. I have only seen that in blizzard type conditions. This past winter I didn't see it at all. Typically regular snowfalls are no issue. Same as any urban environment.

thanks for the info again i think to gear all sides of how people feel about a place.i cannt force my wife to live in a place she dosnt want to and she cannt do the same to me so if the city is what i can deal with and it seems some of you see the good in it and dont have ant problems there its a good compromise. im not a city person and would rather not live in one but i have to make the choice with her .i def will clugnut

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: moving to Lancaster city

Lancaster City has a local law that you must report a missing/stolen gun within 48 hour of noticing the gun gone or risk jail time and a fine.

I didn't even live in Lancaster City when this came up in City Council, but me and a Tea Party girl were the only ones there to oppose it.

Mayor Rick Grey said he had the financial support of the Brady Bunch in case anyone was to oppose this in court.

As to date no one has opposed it in court.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: moving to Lancaster city

Quote Originally Posted by RugerNiner View Post
    Lancaster City has a local law that you must report a missing/stolen gun within 48 hour of noticing the gun gone or risk jail time and a fine.

I didn't even live in Lancaster City when this came up in City Council, but me and a Tea Party girl were the only ones there to oppose it.

Mayor Rick Grey said he had the financial support of the Brady Bunch in case anyone was to oppose this in court.

As to date no one has opposed it in court.
    It probably hasn't been opposed because no one has been charged with violating it.

You'll notice that he's happy to say that the city has it but he'll never give any statistics as to those that have been charged with it.

http://lancasteronline.com/article/l...-law-bill.html
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

That's the first I have read on this bill since I opposed it in 2009.
    http://www.slcfsa.com/index.html
    http://www.pafoa.org/forum/image.php?type=sigpic&userid=1130&dateline=1165613  693Remember...Terrorist are attacking Civilians; Not the Government. Protect Yourself!

(Lancaster County)

I doubt if they can even tell you when the law applies. When the law was under consideration I email the elected Lancaster City representatives. I said I assume it applies to a Lancaster City resident whose gun is stolen or lost within Lancaster City.

Does it apply to a Lancaster City resident who has their gun stolen or lost outside of Lancaster City?

Does it apply to a non Lancaster City resident who has a gun stolen or lost within Lancaster City?

In other words is the law based upon the residency of the owner or where the gun is lost/stolen. Or both.

One person on city council or whatever their governing body is called responded and it was clear she did not know. But of course they had to do something for the children.

(Lancaster County)

I live in lancaster city and have no problem.
    XD-9 SC ***** XD-40 ***** Yugo SKS ***** DPMS AR-15

Dont be a coward like the rest of these folks on here.You will be fine in the city. Especially if your coming from a bigger city.
    Last edited by Losymis; October 6th, 2013 at 08:44 PM. Reason: mispell

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123