Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Default Re: moving to lancaster city

thanks for the warm welcome.all i can really say is she is a city girl she loves urban enviroment .shes really into art and gallerys and being able to walk to anything at anytime .yes we both have been to lancaster before 2 of our good friends lives in the city and both love it so thats def one of the reason shes like it aswell .trust me im a country boy i love grass trees forest and lots of space im just kinda stuck with move to lancster city and be pretty close to the country side or be stuck in here in ny where im already criminal thanks to cuomo and bloomberg it def seems like a better choice o move to lancaster city.i also do need to be kinda cose to the city im a professional tattoo artist i need the foot traffic of the city .but i promise ill give you all discount on pro 2A and patriotic tattoos you can check out my work at pnytattoo.com. anyway thank you all for the help and info

(Berks County)

Have her check out Lititz, she will fall in love, and you won't have to live in Lancaster. America's coolest small town.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by dk99358 View Post
    Small towns in Lancaster are very nice. I'm in Landisville, I can walk to the drugstore, convenience store, pizza shop, and beer distributor. The closest grocery store is 2 miles, Walmart is 5 and the mall is about 4. Oh yeah, there's a bar/grill in town too.

What is your wife gaining by living in the city?

Anyhow, Welcome!

Dale
    I too live in Landisville and love it. Far enough away from the city rift-raft but close to the country side. Good luck on the move..you'll enjoy it here.

Richard

(Lancaster County)

Welcome to the neighborhood. Lancaster City is not as bad as some of these folks would have you believe. I'm 26 now and moved into the city with my (now) wife after college. We love the art galleries, events, and particularly the bars. We have seen in our time there the "young, professional couple" crows increase significantly. It's true the city is not that big, but like any urban environment there are nice parts, and not so nice parts. Just make sure you do you're research before leasing or buying a place.

We have never had a problem. I CC all the time and OC in the city too without incident. If you are familiar with an urban environment, it's no worse than anywhere else. Should you go for a stroll alone at 3 am up by the prison? Of course not. But if you use common sense, pick a nice place, and enjoy the type of scene I described (bars, art, music) it can be a really cool town, especially some of the old victorian type houses for rent here. We love it. Once we are ready for kids, then we might make the choice to move to a house with a yard in a 'burb, but until then, see you around town.

P.S. The mayor is a dope, but he can't do anything anyway.

(Lancaster County)

Ditto above. Look outside the municipality of Lancaster City to the suburbs as those adjoining feel like the City (principally Lancaster Township and Manheim Township) but are not the "we love illegal immigrants" sanctuary city the Mayor loves. If you and your wife are liberal Democrats, then live in the city and let the rest of us alone. The Mayor of Lancaster City has said he will not allow a Republican in his house. And you want to live there?

(Bucks County)

You guys are fussing entirely too much about the city. I've lived here for several years and have no problems. Yes there are a lot of liberals, but I ignore them. The city is a ton of fun for anyone especially a young couple as one of the others pointed out. My wife and I love it here. Just stay out of the bad areas, downtown is great.

(Lancaster County)

When looking for housing, stay north of King Street. The city is like other urban areas and the dynamics of the block really effect the quality of life. If looking to buy a house walk into the city police station and ask the desk Sgt about the neighborhood.

(Lancaster County)

Question for Lancaster City residents - how is parking in Lancaster City after a snow storm?

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by jack76590 View Post
    Question for Lancaster City residents - how is parking in Lancaster City after a snow storm?
    I hear it's fine as along as you have an assortment of old chairs to reserve your spot.

A few years ago a friend of mine that lived on Frederick Street spent the day clearing out his spot. Had it cleared for a day or so with his car parked in it. Went to the store to get a few things and came back to find his neighbor had parked there. He didn't say anything about it, just found another spot to park a block away.

Once the spot that he cleared was open again he moved his car to it. The neighbor came over and actually picked a fight with him because he dared to park his car in that spot.

I believe a few years ago there was some controversy over the one mayor that sold all of the city's heavy snow moving equipment to cover a budget shortfall. Her theory was it hadn't snowed heavy for a lot of years and they didn't need it. That winter we got pounded by snow, and they ended up having to rent snow clearing gear from the airport after several days of many streets being completely impassable.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Lancaster County)

While I prefer not to live in the city, I know a lot of people who live in Lancaster city. Its really not bad at all, although it doesn't have some of the benefits of a major like Philly. I think Lancaster is nice because you can be metro, but drive 10 minutes and be in the country.

When you open up your shop, give out the name on here. My tat could use a remodel!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast