Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Default Re: LTCF woes Montgomrey County

Quote Originally Posted by iamtommyboy View Post
    Paperwork Necessary for Concealed Weapons Permit
    Download complete Instruction Sheet. Be sure to read the ENTIRE Instruction Sheet, front and back, PRIOR to completing the application. The application MUST have both sides printed on one sheet of paper.
    Pennsylvania Driver's License or Pennsylvania Non-Driver Photo Identification Card
    Photocopy of Local 1% Earned Income Tax or other tax paper if retired/disabled (Please refer to full instruction sheet for information)
    2 References (Must be Monroe County Residents - Please refer to full instruction sheet for reference requirements)
    If disabled - Written documentation from your doctor or social security explaining the nature of your disability.
    Copy of your DD-214 if you were in the military.

Non U.S. Citizens need to provide the Immigration Identification Number. Please bring to the office as it must be photocopied for your file.
    Your photograph will be taken at the time of application.
    PICS will tell him your discharge type, at least if you were dishonorably discharged or not, because it will return a negative approval.

No way I'm telling my county sheriff what schools I went to, what qualifications I have, what training I have completed, what commands I've held, what medals I have earned. That's none of her business, has nothing to do with the LTCF, and is not mentioned even in a tricky way in the UFA. Her business is if I have been dishonorably discharged from the Armed Forces of the United States, and again, PICS will decide this.

Same with the disability. There is no provision in the LTCF that provides for any additional consideration for or restriction for disabled persons, so there is no reason to provide this information. Does the sheriff intend to discriminate (or reverse discriminate) against disabled persons?

And a tax return? Oh hell no. No way the sheriff is allowed to make any determination on the LTCF based on how much I pay in taxes. That is absolutely a no-no. If I haven't paid my taxes, I'd be a felon, if it wasn't bad enough to make me a felon, then it's none of his Fing business. Does a tax return prove county residency? Of course not. Taxes are due in a few days, what if I move there tomorrow, do I have to wait until April 15 of NEXT YEAR to get an LTCF? There is no county residency requirement, far as I can read in the statute.

What the F is so damned hard about running a Fing PICS check and then taking a picture and then printing a card? Why do all these sheriffs make up their own little games and the legislature allows this? What part of UNIFORM FIREARMS ACT don't they understand?

(Chester County)

These counties that take longer than the law allows to issue LTCF's are infringing on our Constitutional rights. What if you need your firearm, and don't have it because the County has not issued your permit in the allotted time? Maybe a few wrongful death suits, and media attention will wake up the politicians, and maybe when a few sheriffs lose their jobs, they will comply with the law.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by Pilot321 View Post
    These counties that take longer than the law allows to issue LTCF's are infringing on our Constitutional rights. What if you need your firearm, and don't have it because the County has not issued your permit in the allotted time? Maybe a few wrongful death suits, and media attention will wake up the politicians, and maybe when a few sheriffs lose their jobs, they will comply with the law.
    Yea, OK, the media actually on the side of gun rights, that's rich.

I spoke with the PA Attorney General's "gun guy" a few years ago about some things DELCO wasn't in compliance with. I was told by the AG had no jurisdiction over a sheriff, only the voters could do something by voting in a favorable sheriff.

(Montgomery County)

So are there any court challenges to these practices? Any court decisions, rulings that would be helpful here?
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

(Montgomery County)

Being the original poster I feel the need to close this thread out. Went to Norristown Friday with all of my paper work in a nice folder and all in order.State form, local police background check,drivers lic, change of address temp lic,LTCF from Bucks Co. with four years left till expiration ,new Montgomrey County voters card with new address. Waited in line for one hour,,,used three hours of my vacation time to do this.Finally got the call"next in line" walked in meekly put my folder opened to the man behind the counter and said,,,I hope everything is in order. After looking over my papers he looked up at me and said,,,What are you here for? Your license is still good for over four years.
    I told him that I had argued that with the local PD and was told otherwise and I shoudn't argue with the lady behind the glass as she was telling me what her boss told her. New to the county and township I needed to get a new license.
    The man behind the counter politely informed me that my license was a state license (duha) and someone was misinformed (duha). He then told me ,,,I'll see you(me) in four years.What an ordeal.Can't wait to see what hoops I will have to jump thru in four years.

(Bucks County)

note to self always listen to gunlawyer.

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by paul641 View Post
    Being the original poster I feel the need to close this thread out. Went to Norristown Friday with all of my paper work in a nice folder and all in order.State form, local police background check,drivers lic, change of address temp lic,LTCF from Bucks Co. with four years left till expiration ,new Montgomrey County voters card with new address. Waited in line for one hour,,,used three hours of my vacation time to do this.Finally got the call"next in line" walked in meekly put my folder opened to the man behind the counter and said,,,I hope everything is in order. After looking over my papers he looked up at me and said,,,What are you here for? Your license is still good for over four years.
    I told him that I had argued that with the local PD and was told otherwise and I shoudn't argue with the lady behind the glass as she was telling me what her boss told her. New to the county and township I needed to get a new license.
    The man behind the counter politely informed me that my license was a state license (duha) and someone was misinformed (duha). He then told me ,,,I'll see you(me) in four years.What an ordeal.Can't wait to see what hoops I will have to jump thru in four years.
    Although you did ultimately get the truth from the Montgomery Co Sheriff's office, you got it here first, it was free, and didn't cost you any vacation time.

That police check card... did you pay for that?
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

No ,,,,,,,,,,,

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Curmudgeon View Post
    Although you did ultimately get the truth from the Montgomery Co Sheriff's office, you got it here first, it was free, and didn't cost you any vacation time.

That police check card... did you pay for that?

He got the truth from the Bucks county sheriff too.
    He decided to ignore it as well as the advice from here and did a whole lot of work for nothing.

The only PD that I am sure charges a fee is Lower Merion, not that they need the money, I think they do it to intimidate their residents. I heard a rumor of West Norriton looking to charge a fee, but I never heard any outcome. I don't know of any other confirmed instances.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Remington788 View Post

The only PD that I am sure charges a fee is Lower Merion, not that they need the money, I think they do it to intimidate their residents. I heard a rumor of West Norriton looking to charge a fee, but I never heard any outcome. I don't know of any other confirmed instances.
    I heard stories that pottstown was charging.
    ....Then Piers Morgan came on and I almost got a concussion from facepalming so hard.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast