Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lancaster County)

Default PSP getting new Glock 21's!

Just talked to a good friend this evening that is a Lieutenant in the Pennsylvania State Police. He advised that very soon, PSP will be switching to Gen4 Glock 21's. When asked why he said the new Gen4's backstrap system lets them actually move to 45acp. He said they will be issuing the new guns, new holsters and lights for the rail. He said it's being pushed now because they have funding to do it now and are unsure if the same would hold true in the near future......
    Last edited by sigarms229; April 10th, 2013 at 11:31 PM.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: PSP getting new Glock 21's!

So this means someone will have all their current guns available as used for cheap?
    "You can't stop insane people from doing insane things by passing insane laws--that's insane!" -- Penn Jillette

"To my mind it is wholly irresponsible to go into the world incapable of preventing violence, injury, crime, and death. How feeble is the mindset to accept defenselessness. How unnatural. How cheap. How cowardly. How pathetic." -- Ted Nugent

(Luzerne County)

I don't understand the back strap comment... They're all the same frame its all the same size whether it be .40 or .45... Makes no sense to me.

(Washington County)

The gen 3 21s have a pretty meaty grip I believe this is why they used .45gap. The gen 4s have a slightly smaller grip that makes it more versatile officer to officer.

They say a gen 4 with the medium backstrap is the size that a gen 3 is.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Wayne County)

Must be nice to be able to say "well this tool i have already is perfectly good, but I have the money to buy a new one so i better spend it."

An old friend who is a trooper told me that back when they picked the berettas they were very close to going with HKs but backed out. He was pissed.

Yellowfin: trust me you don't want one of their berettas. The trigger is dao and sucks big time.

(Lancaster County)

I thought they have G37s?

(Monroe County)

Nice new guns to match their nice new Ford Taurus SHO police cars.
    Guns don't kill people, it's mostly the bullets.

(Lehigh County)

Quote Originally Posted by redturbo0 View Post
    I don't understand the back strap comment... They're all the same frame its all the same size whether it be .40 or .45... Makes no sense to me.
    Im pretty sure the Glock 9mm, 40, and 357 sig have the same frame, and the 45, 10mm both have the same frame.
    IANAL

(Lancaster County)

I thought they have G37s
    They do right now. Beretta's haven't been in their holsters since 2007/2008.

Im pretty sure the Glock 9mm, 40, and 357 sig have the same frame, and the 45, 10mm both have the same frame.
    The 45acp and 10mm have the same frame BUT the current PSP gun, the G37 (in .45GAP), has a frame that is similar in size to a G17/G22/G31.

I peronally don't understand the rational of replacing 6 year old guns but who am i to say.

He did tell me that the troopers will have first chance at purchasing their pistols and he said in all his years, most everyone does cause they get such a good deal. Those who don't keep them flip them to dealers for cash. I know that this trooper has both of his Beretta's (the NP3'd one and the later Brigader) and he's buying his Glock.
    Last edited by sigarms229; April 11th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

(Monroe County)

I remember reading somewhere that Glock had really cut the price (like 50%) on the 45 GAP pistol to law enforcement agencies as the chief incentive to purchase.

As the 45 GAP was only ever the "answer" to a Glock specific problem, I wouldn't be surprised if 45GAP quietly disappeared altogether in the next few years.

YMMV

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast