Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Toomey Caves

(Lackawanna County)

Default Toomey Caves

It looks like Toomey has joined Manchin in an expanded background check amendment to the bill that Harry Reid will bring to the floor on Thursday, April 11.

Reid’s bill expands background checks to encompass almost all private transfers and imposes new penalties on gun traffickers and straw purchasers. Gun and magazine bans are also to be brought to the floor as amendments.

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...und-ch/?page=1

The article indicates that the Toomey/Manchin amendment would bar the federal government from creating a national firearms registry and exempts temporary gun transfers, transfers between family members and some private sales between friends and neighbors. [Although it’s difficult to predict what will eventually come out of the legislative sausage grinder].

The Washington Times article (cited above) also contains a link to an interesting survey of LEO(s), “Law enforcement says gun restrictions are ineffective: Survey”

http://www.washingtontimes.com/news/...say-gun-restr/

(Butler County)

Default Re: Toomey Caves

another addition to the 'naughty' list come election time...

(Allegheny County)

too bad they couldnt have a provision to all a pa resident to purchase a handgun from an ffl in another state and bring it home with them.

(Berks County)

What? Another Republican voting for gun control? *GASP!* Whodathunkitpossible?!?!? Fuck the GOP.

How does a transfer between two private parties in the same state fall under interstate commerce?
    I am not a lawyer and nothing I say should be construed as legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

Looks like future ex-Senator Toomey just committed political suicide. At least we know Casey's a rat.

(Lebanon County)

One Specter wasn't enough in my lifetime I needed to have two. Too bad they were back to back!
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

I just got off the phone with Toomey's office.

His amendment includes background checks for online sales and all sales at gun shows.

This is pretty much the state as things are today, so why a new law saying essentially the same thing?

To me this seems like an attempt to appease the opposition. I told the staff member this and that I'd like Toomey to oppose the motion to proceed on this stuff. Ridiculous.

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    Looks like future ex-Senator Toomey just committed political suicide. At least we know Casey's a rat.

Yep, I just use this analogy in another thread, but it works better here with this comment.

I'm not going to lie, this hurts. He has opened a lot of doors for anti gun legislation and I will never trust him again.

When Casey turned it was no surprise, kind of like dating a girl that you know sleeps around a lot. You might think they will be different with you, but no big surprise when they are not.

Toomey's decision is like finding your wife of 20 years who you think is totally devoted to you sleeping with your best friend. It hurts and the relationship can never be the same again.

I formally apologize for defending him here multiple times over the last couple of weeks. I thought he was a stand up supporter of the 2nd, I was wrong.

I hope he enjoys his new best friend who is so proud of him, Michael Nutter.
    Last edited by internet troll; April 10th, 2013 at 03:41 PM.

(Beaver County)

Quote Originally Posted by medic550 View Post
    too bad they couldnt have a provision to all a pa resident to purchase a handgun from an ffl in another state and bring it home with them.
    It does include that.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast