Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Default Pennsylvania House Republicans Call on Senator Toomey to Stand Up for Second Amendme

Pennsylvania House Republicans Call on Senator Toomey
    to Stand Up for Second Amendment Rights

Several Pennsylvania House Republican Members Call on Senator Toomey to Stand Up for Second Amendment Rights
    4/10/2013
    HARRISBURG — State Representative Daryl Metcalfe (R-Butler) and 75 House Republicans sent a letter yesterday to U.S. Senator Pat Toomey (R-Pa.) urging him to stand with his constituency in support of the Second Amendment to the United States Constitution.

The letter reads: http://www.repmetcalfe.com/NewsItem.aspx?NewsID=17051

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania House Republicans Call on Senator Toomey to Stand Up for Second Ame

“In 2011, just in Pennsylvania alone, our citizens purchased over 600,000 firearms and our county sheriffs issued over 166,000 licenses to carry firearms, according to data from the Pennsylvania State Police. Meanwhile, crimes committed with firearms continue to decrease as issuance of licenses to carry firearms increases. Since 2006, Pennsylvania has seen an over 20 percent reduction in violent crimes committed with firearms. These statistics prove that an armed law abiding citizenry is the best deterrent to crime."

My favorite part. These are the stats people need to be paying attention to!

(Montgomery County)

Default Re: Pennsylvania House Republicans Call on Senator Toomey to Stand Up for Second Ame

This is a great example of why the 17th Amendment should be repealed.

Rather than sending Toomey a nasty-gram, he could be recalled by the state legislature and replaced by someone who actually would do the will of the people.

I suspect we also would not even have a d-bag like Casey, when most of PA (geographically speaking) is conservative.

Now take that concept and multiply by every other state where big city population makes an otherwise conservative state send liberal senators to DC

(Philadelphia County)

I believe we should now bombard his office and phone with messages of our grave disappointment with him.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by lemko View Post
    I believe we should now bombard his office and phone with messages of our grave disappointment with him.
    You mean you haven't been?! What the hell are you waiting for? This is as important as it gets.

I knew he was going to sell out by the tone and tenor of his repsonses that I received after contacting his office on a weekly basis. He 's a sellout. I just heard that he refused to do a press conference if he had to be seen with Chuckie Schumer with whom he did horse trading with, besides Manchin and Kirk from IL. What a coward. Sad part is he's only 5 months into a 6 year term.

I'm sure he's banking on the PA electorate forgetting about this 5 years and 7 months from now. I abhor traitors.

When you call his office make sure to call him former senator Toomey. I did that in 2010 to Blanche Lincoln over the Obamacare vote and they hated it.

IN PA can a senator be removed by impeachment of the state senate? I would think violating the constitution by conspiring with an enemy of the state in Obama would be grounds for impeachment.

Another thing is those people from sandy hook are not even happy at background checks they want "ASSAULT WEAPONS" BANNED and maybe confiscated.

Give an inch people push for a mile and he who is not with us is against us.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Displaced View Post
    This is a great example of why the 17th Amendment should be repealed.

Rather than sending Toomey a nasty-gram, he could be recalled by the state legislature and replaced by someone who actually would do the will of the people.

I suspect we also would not even have a d-bag like Casey, when most of PA (geographically speaking) is conservative.

Now take that concept and multiply by every other state where big city population makes an otherwise conservative state send liberal senators to DC
    100% agree.
    A Republic, if you can keep it.

Hokkmike Guest

Too late for him to change positions as he has his name on this nationally publicized "compromise". He can not back out without losing face.

(Westmoreland County)

My many, many emails have been sent to Toomey and will continue!