Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default anyone carry a g19 in the summer?

If so, how?

i recently upgraded from a Kahr and have tried two different holsters with different degrees of cant and riding high and low and so on but still can't get comfortable with it. It feels enormous.

Maybe its just the way my hips are but the only place i seem to be able to carry a pistol without huge bulges in my shirt is right around 3 o'clock.

I often see posts on various forums where people say stuff like "it just disappears under a t shirt" and the like, and i'm starting to develop an irrational hatred for these people. I keep searching for the holster that will give me my "ah HA!" moment, but it remains elusive.

So i turn to you good people for suggestions. Maybe different holsters? Cant? Waist position?

I've tried two different holsters from Contact Concealment, and while of great craftsmanship (and great to deal with as well), just just down conceal well for me.

If it helps, I'm 6'2, fairly wide back and a bit of a beer belly/spare tire (though its steadily shrinking now that I'm working out again)
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Delaware County)

Default Re: anyone carry a g19 in the summer?

Quote Originally Posted by shrewd View Post
    If it helps, I'm 6'2, fairly wide back and a bit of a beer belly/spare tire (though its steadily shrinking now that I'm working out again)
    I'm 5'8, 52/54" chest, 26" wide at the shoulders and - unfortunately - carrying Andre the Giant's spare tire at the moment. I don't get on the scale because that's an irrelevant number, but I could stand to lose the average 5th grader. My 'normal' pant size currently is 46. Since I started carrying I picked up some 48 pants and a cheap super tuck clone. I carry a full-size 1911 between 3 and 3:30 with a button-down shirt tucked over it, and I defy you to know it's there other than the belt clips.

ETA: In warmer weather (over 40 and not at work) I wear shorts (short pants, not athletic shorts), usually with my shirt out. Hides even better - if I care or want it to.
    Last edited by Sgt.K; April 10th, 2013 at 12:34 PM.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm 5'5, 135# with a 28" waist (pretty small guy). I can carry my G19/X300 in one of our PHLster ADHB holsters, and you cant even tell I'm wearing it. I dress around my guns, wearing a medium when I could get away with a small. Dressing around your gun may be the best option if you havent tried it.

Hope this helps

(Washington County)

Have you ever tried a OWB holster?

I used to carry IWB for years then switched to OWB and am never looking back. I use a kydex atomic dog holster for my G19 with a Ares ranger belt.
    FOAC Member, NRA Member

(Philadelphia County)

phlster, i've actually shot with bloovman a number of times and very nearly bought the honey badger, but found the company i ended up going with through another source for cheaper. figured the first few might not work out for me so didn't wanna drop 100 every time.

The pictures seem like it rides pretty high. What sort of cant do you go with and where on your waist?
    interested in a cz kadet kit, if anyone's selling

(Lehigh County)

I rarely CC but when I do I use an uncle Mike's.

Everybody seems to not like them but it stays nice and snug and I can draw from it without issue.

Eta: tall, skinny.

(Dauphin County)

If so, how?

i recently upgraded from a Kahr and have tried two different holsters with different degrees of cant and riding high and low and so on but still can't get comfortable with it. It feels enormous.

Maybe its just the way my hips are but the only place i seem to be able to carry a pistol without huge bulges in my shirt is right around 3 o'clock.

I often see posts on various forums where people say stuff like "it just disappears under a t shirt" and the like, and i'm starting to develop an irrational hatred for these people. I keep searching for the holster that will give me my "ah HA!" moment, but it remains elusive.

So i turn to you good people for suggestions. Maybe different holsters? Cant? Waist position?

I've tried two different holsters from Contact Concealment, and while of great craftsmanship (and great to deal with as well), just just down conceal well for me.

I'm 5' 10" with broad shoulders and an unfortunately broader gut. Last summer (and planned for this summer) I carried a G19 in a Crossbreed Supertuck inside either jeans or shorts most days. Usually just a t-shirt over it.

A heavy belt is critical for comfort and practicality. I found wearing an undershirt under the t-shirt (including under the Crossbreed), although warm, also helped a lot with slippage and comfort issues with the Crossbreed. The gun definitely printed at times, but AFAIK I didn't cause any public panic. As far as I can tell no one noticed; anyone who did notice wasn't concerned enough to say something or call the cops.
    I am not a lawyer. Nothing I say or write is legal advice.

(Philadelphia County)

phlster, i've actually shot with bloovman a number of times and very nearly bought the honey badger, but found the company i ended up going with through another source for cheaper. figured the first few might not work out for me so didn't wanna drop 100 every time.

The pictures seem like it rides pretty high. What sort of cant do you go with and where on your waist?
    It's adjustable for cant. Most people with it carry between 4-5:30ish
    www.PHLster.com - Concealment holsters made in the City of Brotherly Love.

(Allegheny County)

My EDC gun is a Glock 19. I mainly use a Kramer OWB horsehide belt scabbard. Summer concealment is an un-tucked front button shirt, size XL for my size L frame. Some sort of pattern on the shirt helps break up the concealment signature. (I've never been able to use a T-shirt or Polo Shirt for concealed carry, but that is me.)

When I want/need a little more concealment, I will use one of my IWB holsters - my current rotation are Milt Sparks SSII, Kramer #3, Comp Tac CTAC, FIST ultra-thin kydex with split leather loops, or a Blade Tech NANO.

Recently lost 27 lbs and find myself using the SSII or Comp Tac CTAC more and more.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

(Northampton County)

G19 in my Crossbreed SuperTuck no issues all year round. As previously mentioned go with a thicker belt and wear slightly bigger clothes and you should be just fine.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast