Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default Carrying in the Bucks County Libraries

Does anyone know the Libraries Policy on Carrying?

Default Re: Carrying in the Bucks County Libraries

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    Does anyone know the Libraries Policy on Carrying?
    http://www.buckslib.org/libraries/al...2-Behavior.pdf

see page 2

I don't believe they can ban firearms under pre-emption as a public facility

(York County)

As a sidebar, we often visit the big library in downtown York while I am open-carrying. It has only ever generated some very nice conversations about OC/CC and the 2A.
    While many claim to support the right, precious few support the practice.

(Montgomery County)

"Weapons are not permitted: “Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.”
    (PA Title 18 CS 908)"

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what does 908 have to do with carrying a firearm?
    I can tell you've been rady8ed, you have a nice glow about you.

(Bucks County)

Which serves no lawful purpose....Self defense is a lawful purpose.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by rady8um View Post
    "Weapons are not permitted: “Any bomb, grenade, machine gun, sawed-off shotgun with a barrel less than 18 inches, firearm specially made or specially adapted for concealment or silent discharge, any blackjack, sandbag, metal knuckles, dagger, knife, razor or cutting instrument, the blade of which is exposed in an automatic way by switch, push-button, spring mechanism, or otherwise, or other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury which serves no common lawful purpose.”
    (PA Title 18 CS 908)"

Maybe I'm reading it wrong, but what does 908 have to do with carrying a firearm?
    it basically refers to weapons that are not preempted and some that are presumptivley prohibited under pa/federal law anyway (nfa items).

i'd say they wrote that very well to cover their asses... unlike philadelphia city council *cough cough* :P
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Chester County)

(PA Title 18 CS 908)"

They being of the literary knowledgeable business, know that you cite the source of any works your lift verbatim to avoid being a plagiarizer. 908 does not restrict "uses or possesses any firearm for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth" by exception (908(b)(3)).

Quote Originally Posted by Bill67 View Post
    Which serves no lawful purpose....Self defense is a lawful purpose.
    It says 'common' but, in any event, that phase only applies to "other implement for the infliction of serious bodily injury".

Quote Originally Posted by ccphilly1984 View Post
    it basically refers to weapons that are not preempted and some that are presumptivley prohibited under pa/federal law anyway (nfa items).

i'd say they wrote that very well to cover their asses... unlike philadelphia city council *cough cough* :P
    They simply borrowed an all-encompassing definition from 908 which would also cover s.6102 firearms. Since they simply said "Weapons are not permitted" and then defined weapons, they have prohibited OC/CC as well as other forms of possession.
    Last edited by tl_3237; April 15th, 2013 at 08:14 PM.
    IANAL

(Philadelphia County)

(PA Title 18 CS 908)"

So I guess no pocket pistols like a Ruger LCP or a NAA Revolver. Better Open carry a Raging Bull or Full size 1911.