Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Our Worst Nightmare

Quote Originally Posted by DSMDealer View Post
    That's the problem with both the right and the left. Each of them digs too deep into the rights of others but cries "oppression" at the other side.

"I'm a democrat, so I believe we need the right to choose...but we need gun control to save lives!"

"I'm a Republican, I believe we shouldn't restrict gun control as it's our right...but we need to ban abortion to save lives!"

Both are based on your *beliefs*. Both are hypocritical.

Don't tell me that you're for "freedom" and "less government restriction" while you're sitting there whining about how guns should be regulated, abortion should be banned, or gay marriage should be restricted.

That's not freedom or less government restriction--it's called "being a hypocrite".

No, I don't like abortion, but it's also not my right to tell someone else that they can't do it. Your religion tells you that it's bad? Fine--don't have an abortion.

No, I don't like the thought of two men going at it, but that doesn't mean that I have the right stop them from getting married. You don't like the idea of two people of the same sex being in a relationship? Fine--don't poke some guy in the butt or mouth.

No, I don't like gun regulations---well, that's it for that one.

+1.....Can I get an amen !!!!!
    Don’t like me ???? Tough, I don’t give a flying f@@k about ya.

(Dauphin County)

That's the problem with both the right and the left. Each of them digs too deep into the rights of others but cries "oppression" at the other side.

"I'm a democrat, so I believe we need the right to choose...but we need gun control to save lives!"

"I'm a Republican, I believe we shouldn't restrict gun control as it's our right...but we need to ban abortion to save lives!"

Don't tell me that you're for "freedom" and "less government restriction" while you're sitting there whining about how guns should be regulated, abortion should be banned, or gay marriage should be restricted.

That's not freedom or less government restriction--it's called "being a hypocrite".

No, I don't like abortion, but it's also not my right to tell someone else that they can't do it. Your religion tells you that it's bad? Fine--don't have an abortion.

No, I don't like the thought of two men going at it, but that doesn't mean that I have the right stop them from getting married. You don't like the idea of two people of the same sex being in a relationship? Fine--don't poke some guy in the butt or mouth.

That's pretty much my position. Not popular around here-

The only reason I vote Republican is because they don't have a progreesive agenda to attack my Individual Rights and dismantle the Constitution.

Neither party is doing anything beneficial for America.

But the democrats are also HUGE on entitlements.

The democrats will place NO blame on gangs, criminals or illegals.

The liberal democrats are trying to save the world by destroying America.

>>>>----------->

"If your not working to protect hunting....you are working to destroy it."

- Fred Bear

(now replace the word hunting with America and you will see why we have a problem)
    Last edited by GJZSR; April 28th, 2013 at 08:48 PM.
    NRA Benefactor Life Member

Quote Originally Posted by GJZSR View Post
    The only reason I vote Republican is because they don't have a progreesive agenda to attack my Individual Rights and dismantle the Constitution.

Neither party is doing anything beneficial for America.

But the democrats are also HUGE on entitlements.

The democrats will place NO blame on gangs, criminals or illegals.

The liberal democrats are trying to save the world by destroying America.

>>>>----------->

"If your not working to protect hunting....you are working to destroy it."

- Fred Bear

(now replace the word hunting with America and you will see why we have a problem)
    Very true and very sad. It is the lesser of two evils, but republicans tend to be more in favor of our gun rights and democrats seem to think personal responsibility is a bad thing.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by GJZSR View Post
    The only reason I vote Republican is because they don't have a progreesive agenda to attack my Individual Rights
    I'm glad you put "my" in front of "individual rights".

I'm assuming that you're not gay, nor a woman.

There are a lot of crackpots in the Republican Party that are just as dangerous to some people's individual rights as some of the wackjobs in the Democratic Party.

It's like comparing an alcoholic to a pothead.

If the current political clime in the U.S. weren't so unsettling, it would almost be funny.

I do have to admit that I've been investing a lot more attention to politics over the last two years or so, so my prior statement may be a result of that.

I'd be happy to hear someone's take on it that has followed the political theatre for the last couple of decades in support or against my opinion.

This reminds me of what a libertarian friend said

paraphrased
    Dont like gay marriage then dont be gay
    dont like abortion then dont have one
    dont like pot dont smoke it
    dont like guns dont buy them.

This sounds great and there is merit to it, the problem is most liberals will say great to the first three but think we need to regulate the fourth. There are at least moderate conservatives that dont like abortion but are not in a hurry to overturn roe v wade ( some of them study who gets abortions and that could have an impact since liberals tend to) and quite a few conservatives support ciivl unions as fair. There are religious implications to marriage. Personally I am not as worried about gay marriage as other things. It happens it happens. People will answer to their God
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like it's time to put away the Corbett-hate and back the guy 1000%. The alternative is much worse.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

(Lancaster County)

Quote Originally Posted by nfafan View Post
    Sounds like it's time to put away the Corbett-hate and back the guy 1000%. The alternative is much worse.
    All Corbett has to do is put joe's statue back up and he would be a shoe in.

(Allegheny County)

Quote Originally Posted by wallyone View Post
    All Corbett has to do is put joe's statue back up and he would be a shoe in.
    Well; polls show that if the election were held today - Tom's gone.

Good for all the Corbett haters out here in PA.

Bad for folks who value their 2A.

Pennsyltuckians have to decide which is more important.
    All of my guns are lubed with BACON GREASE.

Page 7 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567