Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast
    (Erie County)

Angry No Cabelas for Erie!

Well, leave it up to Erie..and a no go for Cabelas! Why on earth would you not bring in one of the biggest hunting, fishing and camping retailers in the country!?!?!? LAME!

http://goerie.com/cabelas-may-not-build-in-millcreek
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Crawford County)

Default Re: No Cabelas for Erie!

I called it! I knew it....not enough money lining the pockets of the Millcreek supervisors so no Cabela's for Erie....the proper solution would be to vote out all the current supervisors in exchange for somewhat less corrupt ones...
    "When I hit it, I expect it to fall the hell down and die!"

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by brsims View Post
    I called it! I knew it....not enough money lining the pockets of the Millcreek supervisors so no Cabela's for Erie....the proper solution would be to vote out all the current supervisors in exchange for somewhat less corrupt ones...

Totally agree! this place is so corrupt..makes no sense at all..always about $$ only thing that ever gets approved is beer stores and restaurants...sickens me

I'm sure we're missing the backstory, but the posted link says that Cabela's and the land's owners couldn't come to an agreement. Did the supervisors block the deal or something we don't know about?

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    I'm sure we're missing the backstory, but the posted link says that Cabela's and the land's owners couldn't come to an agreement. Did the supervisors block the deal or something we don't know about?
    All Cabelas needed was Millcreeks approval to build....Cabelas wanted to build asap!....sounds like someone didnt get what they wanted...I know Keystone Armory wanted to build there too but, they wanted an arm and a leg....all we get is FOOD joints...seriously?!?! I think Erie has to be the biggest fast food town in Pa.!

That's one part of PA I haven't had the chance to visit yet. I wonder if proximity to New York State and the possibility of cross-border smuggling or whatever had anything to do with it all. Or even better, a check hand-written from Mayor Bloomberg himself. Now that anyone can form a PAC, then donate any amount to anyone for any reason or no reason, bribery has become legal. Just as long as you fill out the right paperwork and send in your money.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by fortysix View Post
    That's one part of PA I haven't had the chance to visit yet. I wonder if proximity to New York State and the possibility of cross-border smuggling or whatever had anything to do with it all. Or even better, a check hand-written from Mayor Bloomberg himself. Now that anyone can form a PAC, then donate any amount to anyone for any reason or no reason, bribery has become legal. Just as long as you fill out the right paperwork and send in your money.
    Yeah, seriously! the gun shows that were scheduled for Erie down at the convention center was cancelled....hmmm

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by CamoJak View Post
    All Cabelas needed was Millcreeks approval to build....Cabelas wanted to build asap!....sounds like someone didnt get what they wanted...I know Keystone Armory wanted to build there too but, they wanted an arm and a leg....all we get is FOOD joints...seriously?!?! I think Erie has to be the biggest fast food town in Pa.!
    Like fortysix said, the article says they couldn't reach an agreement with the land owner. If so, Cabela's might still build someday if they can find a suitable location.

What makes you think that Millcreek sank the deal?

(Allegheny County)

Sounds like someone (property owner) was thinking he was gonna get RICH.

Sounds like Cabella's said "Screw you" - "WE are the one's looking to get rich - we can build in any of a thousand other locations that WANT us."
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sounds like someone (property owner) was thinking he was gonna get RICH.

Sounds like Cabella's said "Screw you" - "WE are the one's looking to get rich - we can build in any of a thousand other locations that WANT us."
    Exactly!!! Erie is too damn greedy...Yeah, they'll go somewhere near Pittsburgh I bet...if, it doesnt sell alcohol or food in Erie it doesnt get built!

Page 1 of 6 12345 ... LastLast