Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: No Cabelas for Erie!

Word has it that Millcreek is still working with Cabela's to find another location in the area...
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

The End of Josiah's Railroad, Pennsylvania
    (Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by crlovel View Post
    I live 45 minutes from Hamburg Cabela's, and I very rarely go. For what it's worth, Cabela's, just like Wal-Mart, offers mostly Chinese goods at an inflated price. Sure, they have guns, but I can virtually guarantee your local FFL will be cheaper. Case in point - my Sig Sauer Scorpion 1911, $825 from my local FFL, over a $1,000 at Cabela's. And that goes for all of their guns, unless they have one of their very good sales happening. So, at the end of the day, really, it's a good place to go look and touch and feel stuff up, but really - shop local, or shop online. You'll get better deals.

Oh, and unless you're suffering a HUGE case of constipation and you really want to avoid the hospital bill that comes from having a doctor shoving salad tongs up your asshole to dig the shit out, AVOID their cafeteria at all costs.
    Never had a problem with their food. Actually, I use the store more as a means of seeing what I want in person before I buy it locally, or for items that my local shops don't carry. The best part is their taxidermy. The kids LOVE the scenery there.

Putting one across from an outlet would be a great move for them, but a bad move for many people's bank accounts.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Breadman03 View Post
    Never had a problem with their food. Actually, I use the store more as a means of seeing what I want in person before I buy it locally, or for items that my local shops don't carry. The best part is their taxidermy. The kids LOVE the scenery there.

Putting one across from an outlet would be a great move for them, but a bad move for many people's bank accounts.
    I do the same thing...like being able to see what I'm interested in before I make a purchase...always looking for it at a local shop before I buy.

I'm noticing more and more that Cabelas is higher ($25-50) on things I find from them and comparing with other online stores like Midway...sad.

(Beaver County)

I have found that their return policy, customer support, and an American actually answering the phone when I call insted of pressing numbers and waiting for 10 min is often worth the premium on price.

(Erie County)

Well,...guess No Cabelas coming to Erie....but something else will be...a nice hefty lawsuit! Duh!

Outdoor retailer Cabela's has sued in U.S. District Court in Erie, claiming that two developers in Millcreek Township are at fault for the collapse of Cabela's plans to build a store at the Millcreek Marketplace site, just south of the Millcreek Mall.

Nebraska-based Cabela's Wholesale Inc. is claiming its would-be local development partners -- Millcreek Marketplace LLC, of Erie, and the Cafaro Co., of Youngstown, Ohio -- fraudulently induced Cabela's into investing in a development plan so the partners could leverage a deal for the same or nearby site with an unidentified third party.

In the suit, docketed today, Cabela's claims it spent more than $400,000 negotiating the lease, preparing construction plans and developing an engineering solution to a stormwater drainage problem at the Millcreek Marketplace site -- only to have Cafaro and Millcreek Marketplace LLC back out of the deal in its very last stages because of a lease with another retailer.

Officials with Millcreek Marketplace LLC and the Cafaro Co. had no comment on the suit. The Cafaro Co. owns the Millcreek Mall complex.

(Lehigh County)

Its sick how very close government on all levels is identical to the Mafia Hollywood portrays on TV and movies
    Have you called, faxed, or emailed your reps today!!!

(Mercer County)

Cafaro is the key word.

Quote Originally Posted by chrmm22sr View Post
    Its sick how very close government on all levels is identical to the Mafia Hollywood portrays on TV and movies
    IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH THE GOVERNMENT!!!!!!!! HOW HARD IS THIS FOR YOU TO UNDERSTAND? My God.....

Quote Originally Posted by 7six2 View Post
    Cafaro is the key word.
    You mean it wasn't the Millcreek Township supervisors fault? LOL

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by 7six2 View Post
    Cafaro is the key word.
    Yeah, but greedy developers are the issue in this case. Blame the council for one of the dozen other problems they actually had a hand in.

Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast