Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Re: No Cabelas for Erie!

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Sounds like someone (property owner) was thinking he was gonna get RICH.

Sounds like Cabella's said "Screw you" - "WE are the one's looking to get rich - we can build in any of a thousand other locations that WANT us."
    Exactly! Anyone around here remember the big white house that sat empty for years next to Best Buy, Sun before that? The owner held out for much more than was offered and they built around it.
    Cabelas should look an exit or 2 in either direction. People would come and the traffic wouldn't suck as bad.

(Allegheny County)

It's funny. I've only been to that area a few times, but yeah, the comments about "restaurants" rings true. I recall thinking that there was a crapload of small businesses and restaurants as you travel down the main road by the mall. (Peach street?)
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Allegheny County)

It's funny. I've only been to that area a few times, but yeah, the comments about "restaurants" rings true. I recall thinking that there was a crapload of small businesses and restaurants as you travel down the main road by the mall. (Peach street?)
    I vaguely remember when on Peach St from I-90 to the mall was mostly residential or undeveloped. Then it exploded into retail.

Erie has no real industrial economy anymore. It's all shopping and entertainment.

I am kind of surprised that Erie is not doing more to get Cabeleas there. Although the article could be true and it was the landowner and Cabeleas and had nothing to do with the local government.
    "No, it's just a machine. I'm the weapon." - Jack Harper in Oblivion

(Allegheny County)

A shame!

I would love to see a Cabelas in the greater Pittsburgh area, but with the one in WV, I really don't see it happening. But one can hope.

I like Cabelas, I like supporting a business that clearly states that lawful concealed carry is allowed on their property. Yep, some things are more costly, but if I'm going to buy something, my money might as well go to a pro-gun business.

Even if it is just to eat in their restaurant.
    Tomorrow's battle is won during today's practice.

Quote Originally Posted by CamoJak View Post
    All Cabelas needed was Millcreeks approval to build....Cabelas wanted to build asap!....sounds like someone didnt get what they wanted...I know Keystone Armory wanted to build there too but, they wanted an arm and a leg....all we get is FOOD joints...seriously?!?! I think Erie has to be the biggest fast food town in Pa.!
    Cabelas CONTACTED MILLCREEK and asked to be taken off of the voting agenda this evening because THE LAND OWNER and Cabelas could not come to an agreement on the price of the lot.

(Erie County)

yep! you are exactly right....pick n choose a place to eat....man, i think I moved to the Fast-Food capital of Pa.
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by QuackXP View Post
    I vaguely remember when on Peach St from I-90 to the mall was mostly residential or undeveloped. Then it exploded into retail.

Erie has no real industrial economy anymore. It's all shopping and entertainment.

I am kind of surprised that Erie is not doing more to get Cabeleas there. Although the article could be true and it was the landowner and Cabeleas and had nothing to do with the local government.
    Upper Peach used to be some rural houses and a few small businesses. It started changing about 25 years ago.

Erie still has a large industrial economy. It's just changed from large union shops to many smaller shops. GE is the last dinosaur we have.

I'd like a Cabelas here but the increased traffic would have made Peach and Interchange roads a nightmare.

The land o' cotton, old times there are not forgotten

Cabela's? Meh.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Grey Bearded One View Post
    Cabela's? Meh.
    They wont cave in like Dicks Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain has...Dicks I wouldnt even step foot in that place again...and as for Gander Mountain I was shocked to see how cooperative they were to drop all their "assault" weapons from their shelves...they would cave soon and I could see them dropping handguns from their shelves too...
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Quote Originally Posted by CamoJak View Post
    They wont cave in like Dicks Sporting Goods and Gander Mountain has...Dicks I wouldnt even step foot in that place again...and as for Gander Mountain I was shocked to see how cooperative they were to drop all their "assault" weapons from their shelves...they would cave soon and I could see them dropping handguns from their shelves too...
    Did Gander Mountain actually drop them, or was it just a rumor like Walmart?

http://www.gandermountain.com/modper...C&merchID=4006

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast