Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

Thread: Toomey

(Bucks County)

Default Toomey

"Toomey understands then that to win in 2016 — a presidential year in a state where a Republican nominee has not won since 1988 — he has to demonstrate some cross-aisle cooperation. And, while much of the middle section of Pennsylvania is filled with hunters who prize their gun rights, the votes Toomey needs are in the Philadelphia suburbs where voters are much more likely to support gun restrictions. Being involved in what will almost certainly be cast as a “common sense” deal — if a deal is struck — is great politics for Toomey."

Selling Principles for Re-Election

(Bucks County)

Default Re: Toomey

Just emailed him this:

Subject: My first contact to a Senator

Dear Senator Toomey,

This is the first time I have ever emailed a Senator. With that in mind, I must tell you that the topic at hand is extremely important to me as well as the freedom of this country.

I must stand up and show my support for the 2nd amendment. I understand that you have been experiencing great pressure from those who support Universal Background Checks as well as stricter gun control. Gun control is all about people control and Universal Background Checks will do nothing to stop the inner city violence that is the root of the problem.

I live in the Philadelphia suburbs and I do not support Universal Background checks. I am a registered Republican and will support you and vote for you in the next election year if you vote against Universal Background checks and vote against stricter gun control. It simply wont solve the problem.

Thank you for your time and I hope that you vote with your conscience.

Sincerely,
    -------