Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Default Re: Conn. gov faults gun lobbyists over restrictions By: The Associated Press Publish

Why is it that lobbyists are inherently evil in the protectionist universe, and conservatives are apparently the only people with lobbyists, and on top of it they are always only representing awful financial interests?

And the NRA is the worst of them all, they only represent evil corporate greed and there is no mention of the 5+ million individual NRA members.

Obviously that is a huge, massive lie. What would you call Bloomberg, but a lobbyist? How about the Brady group? How about various PACs and think tanks? I doubt that any anti-gun group can muster as many individual members and show in the same way that it works directly for a segment of the American population.

This is once again the perfect example of shaming and ridicule being used in the vacuum left behind when reason, fact, and logic go out the window. Do not fall for it.

(Northampton County)

Default Re: Conn. gov faults gun lobbyists over restrictions By: The Associated Press Publish

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    Why is it that lobbyists are inherently evil in the protectionist universe, and conservatives are apparently the only people with lobbyists, and on top of it they are always only representing awful financial interests?

And the NRA is the worst of them all, they only represent evil corporate greed and there is no mention of the 5+ million individual NRA members.

Obviously that is a huge, massive lie. What would you call Bloomberg, but a lobbyist? How about the Brady group? How about various PACs and think tanks? I doubt that any anti-gun group can muster as many individual members and show in the same way that it works directly for a segment of the American population.

This is once again the perfect example of shaming and ridicule being used in the vacuum left behind when reason, fact, and logic go out the window. Do not fall for it.
    Very simple. It is a red herring.

None of these people are afraid of "Big NRA" money or "Big Gun Industry" money.

It's just that saying, "I hate my stupid constituents, all the horrible people that live in my district and voted me into office are gun-loving retards!" is not good public relations.

So they blame the NRA. And gun manufacturers.

If they are even the slightest bit afraid of the NRA, it is because the NRA will let their constituents know what the legislators are trying to pull on them. They sure as hell don't want their constituents to realize what they are doing.

Quote Originally Posted by Ischgl99 View Post
    Let this be a lesson to you all, don't trust any of your legislators, many that claimed to support the second amendment stabbed us in the back.
    I do feel bad for you, in many many ways. I don't know the ratios up there, but I'm guessing you were outnumbered from the beginning? Your statement about those legislators claiming to have done this to get it over with is startling. Probably true, but their claims are treason at best. I guess our side is too overwhelmed by the antis that a recall would be a non-starter?

BTW my remark about you guys deserving every penny, I meant the folks who voted this through, who will complain in the future how much it's costing in various bureaucracy. No one has a calculator anymore I guess! No government program is ever created for the cost originally budgeted for it.

Even the legislators who claimed to have supported the 2A probably all too happily bent over when confronted with the school shooting. I'm sure the phone calls from folks who just want *something* done was overwhelming for them. They made the *tough decision* to get re-elected rather than doing the right thing. F them. I'm sensing our Senator Toomey is on the verge of joining them, on the federal stage no less, in the name of *common sense*, but of course to ensure his re-election. I'm sure the check he'll be receiving from good ole Mayor Bloomberg will help ease his pain.

Best of luck fighting the good fight!

Quote Originally Posted by 39flathead View Post
    It's not about the children, it's about control.
    BINGO......

We were not outnumbered at all, during the hearings it was about 50 to 1 pro gun testifying and the antis in most cases were ill informed and made fools of themselves. Many legislators said they got mostly pro gun calls and emails. During the rallys we had 3,000 plus show up, the antis a few hundred. The pro gun video of the crowd was shown on the news as the anti gun rally, and no crowd shots of our rally along with very lopsided crowd estimates on both sides. This is still a mostly pro gun state, but when the politicians and news media are against you, it looks like you are alone in the fight.

This was politics at its worst. I am sure there were back door deals going on and the news leaks about the shooting were only information that would help the governor. It has become clear to us that voting for a party is over, we are going to be as active as we can be and vote against every legislator that voted for this, even if that means electing a Democrat. My wife's policy is to vote against any incumbent that has been in office for 10 years since they are likely too comfortable. I do have to give my two legislators credit, the are both Freshmen and voted against this bill.

You are right, this is going to cost this state a ton of money, both in costs to implement and the loss of revenue from companies and residents that leave. The governor will just find other things to blame when he raises taxes again. We are going to stay until the next election in 2014 and then head south. We moved from NJ to get away from the liberals, but did not move far enough. No mistakes next time, going to make sure it is a solid red state with strong support for gun rights.

Then to have to deal with the Obama factor today what a mess he claims none of this is political but as we have all said its nothing but politics.

I am so glad my company is transfering me before the end of the year as there is no way i would stay in this crummy state with the idiots running the show.

(Schuylkill County)

Quote Originally Posted by Ischgl99 View Post
    We were not outnumbered at all, during the hearings it was about 50 to 1 pro gun testifying and the antis in most cases were ill informed and made fools of themselves. Many legislators said they got mostly pro gun calls and emails. During the rallys we had 3,000 plus show up, the antis a few hundred. The pro gun video of the crowd was shown on the news as the anti gun rally, and no crowd shots of our rally along with very lopsided crowd estimates on both sides. This is still a mostly pro gun state, but when the politicians and news media are against you, it looks like you are alone in the fight.

This was politics at its worst. I am sure there were back door deals going on and the news leaks about the shooting were only information that would help the governor. It has become clear to us that voting for a party is over, we are going to be as active as we can be and vote against every legislator that voted for this, even if that means electing a Democrat. My wife's policy is to vote against any incumbent that has been in office for 10 years since they are likely too comfortable. I do have to give my two legislators credit, the are both Freshmen and voted against this bill.

You are right, this is going to cost this state a ton of money, both in costs to implement and the loss of revenue from companies and residents that leave. The governor will just find other things to blame when he raises taxes again. We are going to stay until the next election in 2014 and then head south. We moved from NJ to get away from the liberals, but did not move far enough. No mistakes next time, going to make sure it is a solid red state with strong support for gun rights.
    You have to stay long enough to vote these assholes out but then you have to move all the way to Texas,that sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by nitro570 View Post
    You have to stay long enough to vote these assholes out but then you have to move all the way to Texas,that sucks.
    Yup, and trying to find a company that will pay for the transfer too

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by ungawa View Post
    If they are even the slightest bit afraid of the NRA, it is because the NRA will let their constituents know what the legislators are trying to pull on them. They sure as hell don't want their constituents to realize what they are doing.
    This....

Same reason that some Politicians are afraid of the AARP. The AARP are disgusting Liberal and thus beloved by the Media so they don't get bad press.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12