Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: nagant revolver

(Franklin County)

Default nagant revolver

I just left my local gander mountain and they had there a nagant pistol for 149.00 and it looked to be in pretty good condition. I was wondering what people on here thought about them. It is stamped 1931 comes with the holster cleaning rod or kit n the screwdriver to break it down.

(Erie County)

Default Re: nagant revolver

I bought mine from Gander Mountain last year. Fun little gun to shoot but the ammo is hard to find.

The used to make .32 conversion cyinders but everywhere I look they are sold out.

(Cambria County)

They are an "interesting" gun. Ammo for it is a little tricky to find, but so is ALL ammo these days.

$149 is not out of line. I have seen them for as low as $99, but not too recently.

I say go for it. Shoot it a few times. Then mount it above the fireplace for a bit of "history" to dress up the room. (if your wife allows it).
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6mK2JYfZAmA When will America become America?

(Franklin County)

Well I think I will go for it but it will take me a little time to get the cash together n the wife won't tell me I can't hang it but it won't be over the fireplace cause we don't have one lol but it will be hung up in a framed case, but a case that can be easily opened so when I want to shoot it I can

(Dauphin County)

I just bought on at gander mountain Chambersburg yesterday for $99 because it didn't come with a cleaning rod and holster. Mine is a 1938. There nice guns and well built. You can get the ammo on the net. They take an odd looking round where the bullet in counter seated into the cassing for the gas seal. When you cock the hammer the cylinder slides forward and inserts the end of the casing into the bore creating a gas seal. There the only revolvers that do this making it the only revolver that work well with a silencer which the Russians did. Very interesting gun. Defenantly worth the money.

(Berks County)

There is an owners manual PDF download on this site that some folks might find useful.

http://www.budsgunshop.com/catalog/p...s_id/411547797

(Philadelphia County)

Bought one with a Mosin-Nagant rifle last December at the Oaks gun show as a "what the hell" purchase. Mine is stamped "1924." Shot it only once just to see if it worked. The ammo is strange-looking and hard to come by. Surprisingly, Cabela's actually carries it. I have three boxes of the Nagant ammo which is probably a lifetime supply as far as I'm concerned. It's a cool little piece of history, but not a practical range or carry firearm. The single action trigger pull is heavy. The double-action pull is excruciating.

(Lebanon County)

Cabelas in hamburg has plenty of ammo for it now. It is somewhere between $20-25 i believe. It is an interesting gun and if you like to collect pieces of history without breaking your bank account then it is definitely worth buying.

(Beaver County)

Aim Surplus currently has Prvi Partizan PPU 7.62 Nagant 98grn FPJ 50rd Box for 21.95,sold out on the surplus ammo though.
    Μολὼν λαβέ
    Don't pick a fight with an old man. If he is too old to fight, he'll just kill you.

(Lehigh County)

I purchased one of these from a fellow PAFOA Member back in February. I also picked up about 200 rounds of the surplus ammo from AIM a few weeks ago before it went Out of Stock. I have not shot it yet and I have actually considered selling it lately. It was more or less an impulse buy. Looks like a fun handgun but the trigger pull leaves a little to be desired.
    Last edited by thunder835; April 8th, 2013 at 09:26 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast