Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Default Re: Bad Experience at French Creek Outfitters

Obviously this thread didn't slow down like I thought it would. Being a jerk off is no way to make friends. Taking a personal offline issue online is never a good idea.

I've never had an issue whatsoever at FCO and until I joined a club with 24/7 indoor pistol access, I would continue going there.

I haven't been in the market for a gun any of the times I was there so I really haven't checked out their prices. I only fondled a Kahr PM45 to see how it compared in size to my XD45c.

I've looked more at reloading components than anything else.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by jon'76 View Post
    Now the RO was obviously just doing his job and TAC should NOT have gotten loud or obnoxious with the manager at all. TAC was in violation of the rules and it appears that he did comply and then asked for a refund since apparently he prefers the steel and aluminum cased ammo.
    Not a preference, but the fact that I bought and paid for 1000 rounds, and now need to find some other place to shoot 'em, is why I asked for a refund.

Really, people...my only beef with FCO is the way I was treated for making an honest mistake. Nothing else. I hope the these are my last words on the subject.

Quote Originally Posted by JLBIII View Post
    TAC

I don't see that it's any of your concern about what we do with our range brass that's left behind. JB

Hmmm, if I'm allowed to take my brass home, what if I shot steel. Would I be allowed to take that home too? Or would I be charged a 'fee' for not subsidizing the range?

None of this makes much sense to me.

Can I shoot Winchester ammo even if you only sell Remington?

Quote Originally Posted by billamj View Post
    Here is one for you, how about the concept that if a piece of brass gets into the machinery it will do little to no damage, not so with steel since it is harder than the gears within the equipment. Of course someone as brilliant as yourself wouldn't take that into consideration since you know exactly where each spent casing will be going well before you pull the trigger. You need to pull your head out and realize that since it is private property they have the right to do business as they see fit. If you don't like it go elsewhere.

Hey Bill, your brillant too, why don't you patent the magnetic separator and become rich?

Quote Originally Posted by Bat*21 View Post
    Hmmm, if I'm allowed to take my brass home, what if I shot steel. Would I be allowed to take that home too? Or would I be charged a 'fee' for not subsidizing the range?

None of this makes much sense to me.

Can I shoot Winchester ammo even if you only sell Remington?
    The rules are the rules. Not everyone picks up their brass. They sweep it up, if they even do that and dump it in the container for the spent brass. Not all brass lands behind the firing line and you can't reach it out there.

This all makes sense if you just respect the rules. You can shoot whatever you want as long as it's brass cased. I'm sure tracer or something like that is a no no...

(Delaware County)

I've used the range at FCO many times. Never had a bad experience. The guys there have always been friendly. Yes, their prices are a little high for handguns sometimes, but I'll pay a little extra not to have to deal with the FU attitude I've gotten from a certain other gun store down by the Delaware border.

Never seen any gang banger types in there either, but I don't get why they scare anyone anyhow. You ARE there with a loaded gun right? I mean, if they get out of line, you have a better chance of hitting them then they do of hitting you as they aim sideways so the barrell aligns with the angle of their Yankees cap.

(Chester County)

I can't believe that Bat21's complaint of two years ago is still blowing around. FCO does not permit steel or aluminium-cased ammo because it is worthless as scrap. Metal recyclers only want brass (or nickle-plated brass), since it has a high copper content. Apparently Bat couldn't see the large signs posted on both range doors stating in 3-inch tall letters that only brass cartridges are permitted. It gets worse- some "slick" customers have been known to try to smuggle in the steel-cased junk in boxes that once contained decent ammo. It is a constant headache for the RO's.

(Montgomery County)

Quote Originally Posted by Bosun13 View Post
    I can't believe that Bat21's complaint of two years ago is still blowing around. FCO does not permit steel or aluminium-cased ammo because it is worthless as scrap. Metal recyclers only want brass (or nickle-plated brass), since it has a high copper content. Apparently Bat couldn't see the large signs posted on both range doors stating in 3-inch tall letters that only brass cartridges are permitted. It gets worse- some "slick" customers have been known to try to smuggle in the steel-cased junk in boxes that once contained decent ammo. It is a constant headache for the RO's.
    Then make them take th brass away or have a trash barrel for steal casings.

It not that hard nor does it require much brain power.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456