Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: Bad Experience at French Creek Outfitters

I liked LPRGC too, but unfortunately my schedule wouldn't always work out with them. I did the two required meetings, orientation, and qualification, but was often out of town or just couldn't make the date for the work party, and finally just said to heck with it.

As for the audobon area, I did see a listing for a club in Phoenixville from packing.org. Kimberton Fish & Game Association, 118 Coldstream Rd, Phoenixville, PA 19460.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by threeonebravo View Post
    I liked LPRGC too, but unfortunately my schedule wouldn't always work out with them. I did the two required meetings, orientation, and qualification, but was often out of town or just couldn't make the date for the work party, and finally just said to heck with it.

As for the audobon area, I did see a listing for a club in Phoenixville from packing.org. Kimberton Fish & Game Association, 118 Coldstream Rd, Phoenixville, PA 19460.
    When you were a member of LPRGC could you just go and shoot whenever, or did they have specific times you had to be there?
    -JL-

"There are many important issues, but the gun-hating psychos who would flush the Bill of Rights down the toilet have changed that for me. I would vote for a puppy-killing, football hating, incestuous Martian if I thought he would preserve and protect the Constitution from all enemies, both foreign and domestic." - obxned
    "Don't confuse my kindness with weakness"

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by JLStorm View Post
    When you were a member of LPRGC could you just go and shoot whenever, or did they have specific times you had to be there?
    I didn't complete senior membership, as I said, because of my schedule at the time (just needed to do the work party). However, as a senior member - yes you can, minus a specific event going on.

(Chester County)

bit of a scare... i was at FCO a couple days ago picking up my beretta cx4(fairly good price under $700) and in walks this group of 4 gang bangers hats sideways baggy pants workboots etc, guys are all lookin at the glocks and i notice two of the "gentlemen" were carrying w/o holsters in back of pants needless to say i got out of there the second i was done with my purchase, a shame too because i was hoping to put some shots down the range

(Montgomery County)

It will be a very bad day for the homeboy who decides to have a gunfight with either Stan or Al at FCO
    ~Wales

(Chester County)

I was there not long ago and also saw some "thuggish" looking individuals come in just as I was leaving.

I still enjoy the range, however. They have good rates for a gal who likes to practice!

(Chester County)

I just discovered PFOA and this particular thread today. Regarding range experiences at FCO (full disclosure- I work there)-we do have numerous rules which the RO is obligated to enforce. All new shooters are asked to read them, and most of us working the range will ask a few key questions just to see if the customer understands them (I hate to say it, friends, but there really are some amazingly dumb people who own firearms-try working in gun sales for a month or so if you don't believe me). Whether you like it or not, the large targets have 10 and 15 yard minimum distances for a good reason-an inept shooter with the wrong elevation will otherwise ding the overhead baffles or dig a furrow in the floor. Yes, there is a hard and fast rule that you must show a cleared weapon to the RO before departing- this isn't just for rental guns! The RO will then give you a thumbs up so that you can case the weapon. It's amazing to me how many folks manage to "forget" this even though they've been briefed. Most of us will politely remind them when they come out. At the risk of sounding "customer-unfriendly", if you don't like our rules, go somewhere else.

Yes, the range is crowded on weekends, especially in the winter months-a direct effect of winter weather, I expect, and the scarcity of other public ranges in the area. We attempt to run a safe and efficient operation for everyone's benefit.

(Montgomery County)

It's a good place to shoot. If you think the rules there are bad (which they don't seem to be to me) then go to target master near Delaware. I walked in and turned around and walked out. They seem like gun haters to me =)

(Berks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Wales View Post
    It will be a very bad day for the homeboy who decides to have a gunfight with either Stan or Al at FCO
    ~Wales
    Agreed. And rightfully so, FCO is looking out for everyone's safety on the range, as well as their business interests.

I saw Al put the SMACKDOWN on someone not too long ago at FCO. Two young guys came in and started shooting in 2 adjacent lanes. Idiot #1 decided to cross-shoot into Idiot #2's lane so he could double-tap his buddy's target. The range wasn't busy, so Al had plenty of time to keep his eyes on the lanes, and he was on those guys like white on rice. As fast as you can say, "ejected", they were gone. Again, rightfully so, as crap like that can get people hurt or killed.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Chester County)

Well said, Chambered Round. The downside of a public range is that virtually anyone can wander in, rent a gun and if not watched carefully, do just about anything. As a result, those of us who work there must be vigilant. My biggest nightmare is the possibility of some nutcake like the Cho character at Virginia Tech coming in, renting a gun, and going nuts with it. It is impossible for the RO to know every shooter's capabilities, so stringent safety rules are our best defense.

Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast