Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    (Lehigh County)

Default moving to pennsylvania

Gentlemen how are you all doing?. I have a question maybe someone here will be able to help me out.I am from new york city and planning to move to allentown PA in a few months.I have a new york city pistol license and a rifle and shotgun license and i have a couple of handguns and a couple of rifles and shotguns registered under my name.My question is what do i need to do to bring these firearms legally to my new home in allentown PA.I will really appreciate your help thanks guys.

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: moving to pennsylvania

Do you have a valid drivers license? You'll need that to drive here, but that's about it.

No loaded long guns allowed in the vehicle - resident, or not.
    In PA you may carry/have a loaded handgun in the vehicle if you possess a License to Carry Firearms (LTCF), but if not, keep it unloaded, and separate from the ammunition. (in a separate container)

Welcome.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Montgomery County)

You and your guns are welcome to PA. Leave any leftist views in NY.

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    Along with any relatives of the same ilk.
    The USA is now a banana republic. Only without the bananas....or the Republic.

(Chester County)

If you don't already have one, you'll need to buy a shredder for all those licenses and registration papers. You can buy handguns and long guns alike without begging for permission from a law enforcement agency as long as you pass the background check, and the only license you'll need is if you intend to carry a concealed gun or a loaded one in a vehicle. You apply for that at the county sheriff's office after you've established residency, and PA is a shall issue state so without a history of run-ins with the law you shouldn't have a problem getting that.

You can carry openly in most of the state, with the exceptions and restrictions noted in the thread http://forum.pafoa.org/concealed-ope...nsylvania.html. You might also be interested in knowing that PA has a pre-emptive clause in the PA Uniform Firearms Act (UFA) which means state law makes it unlawful for local municipalities to enact any local laws or ordinances regarding firearms. So gun laws applicable in Allentown are applicable throughout the state. The only caveat is that in a "city of the first class", which Philadelphia is currently the only one, you must have a license to carry a firearm, affectionately know in PA as a LTCF, or CCW permit in most other states in order to carry openly as well as concealed. And feel free to fill up that 10 (or 30, or 50, or 100 round magazine)

Oh, and I almost forgot. As a new member of the forum you're obligated to throw a huge house warming party and invite all the PAFOA members.

(Monroe County)

Nothing to do with firearms. If you are going to commute rent first. Make sure you like the area and that you can handle the commute.

(Lebanon County)

Quote Originally Posted by RXM View Post
    ^^^This^^^
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Chester County)

Welcome to freedom from behind the Iron Curtain.

http://www.handgunlaw.us/

If you have a clean, legal record you can easily obtain a CCW permit (concealed carry). However, if you just want to own or buy guns, no licenses are required. PA's equivalent to the Second Amendment is worded more strongly than the Feds. Somebody was thinking back then.

(Bucks County)

Welcome to America, as the sheriffs department told me when they handed me my LTCF after the 20 minute process to get it, "don't wave your gun around or shot anyone unless you have to".

You're gonna like it in PA, but as stated above please don't be one of the folks that move here from NY or NJ and try to change PA to be like the place they fled from.

(Pike County)

As you cross the Delaware river, you can embrace your American heritage, open your windows and scream FREEDOM!

After you have removed your firearms from the peoples republic of NYC and have established a home in free America, you will want to return your paperwork to the NYPD and state that the firearms have been removed from the jurisdiction.
    This will prevent any follow up on you or your family when you do not renew your permits.

Congratulations.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast