Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default Is Toomey caving???

See linked article.... It sounds like Manchin and Toomey are talking behind closed doors with the goal of pulling Toomey in to support

Democrats reach out to Pat Toomey on guns

Keep making your calls / sending emails / writing letters. If Toomey jumps ship, things will go down hill quickly.

(Lancaster County)

Default Re: Is Toomey caving???

Quote Originally Posted by jeffncs View Post
    See linked article.... It sounds like Manchin and Toomey are talking behind closed doors with the goal of pulling Toomey in to support

Democrats reach out to Pat Toomey on guns

Keep making your calls / sending emails / writing letters. If Toomey jumps ship, things will go down hill quickly.
    Remember what happened with the talks with Sen. Coburn. We saw how that went. Toomey would stand to lose all pro-gun credibility by caving, so I just don't see it happening.

We are in a "purple" state and he can't appear to be too much one side or the other, so articles like this don't surprise me. PA is a battleground state in 2016. There is absolutely nothing new in here that we don't know.

That being said I plan on calling his office next week. I suggest everyone should. I'm surprised I haven't received an NRA blast yet.

(Westmoreland County)

Called the office on Wednesday. If I have to call and e-mail again, I will. He got my vote because I expected him to protect the Second Amendment.

If he's actually thinking of doing something with the left I don't know who he thinks he's winning over? The left will never support him at election time, and many of the voters who did support him, and might again won't. He'd be cutting his own throat in the long run.
    “A Republic, if you can keep it.” - Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

If Toomey is that important, than Tuesday's Ceasefire PA rally makes more sense.. We must counter them

Ceasefire PA Rally on Tuesday

(Montgomery County)

He won 51 to 49.

(Northampton County)

Quote Originally Posted by DoubleBarrels View Post
    Remember what happened with the talks with Sen. Coburn. We saw how that went. Toomey would stand to lose all pro-gun credibility by caving, so I just don't see it happening.
    Toomey has hinted since Day 1 that he might be open to doing something about background checks. I have personally met with his staff and they were far less ambiguous about it - he is open to doing something with regard to background checks, but has to review the proposal before deciding. Now, this was not last week, it was early February, back before this rubber met the road.

All of the media is telling him that 90% of people, including a majority of gun owners and PA gun owners, want universal background checks.

Who is telling him something different? Why would he believe any different?

This is a serious issue.

When I contacted him a few weeks ago, one of his staffers had told me that they have been receiving a lot of feedback about the background checks....all rejecting it.

KEEP UP THE PRESSURE! Call every other day if you can. I have been contacting his offices multiple times a week.

We need to assure Toomey it would be political suicide for him the support any Gun control measure. He has nothing to gain by doing so and everything to lose. If he supports any gun control how many of us will continue to support him? He would lose 2016 for sure.
    We must all hang together, or assuredly we shall all hang separately.-Benjamin Franklin

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    If Toomey is that important, than Tuesday's Ceasefire PA rally makes more sense.. We must counter them

Ceasefire PA Rally on Tuesday
    I no longer view these as "rallies", they are now BATTLES

We are at WAR with those who want to strip us of our rights and impose their domination over us! Every one of Ceasefire's events HAS TO BE COUNTERED by us; we need to be seen and heard each and every time. We need to be seen on TV and in the papers as the strong opposition to this oppression.

These next few weeks are critical...we must WIN these battles!
    (Member NRA & GOA)

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast