Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Cool GLOCK 23! Possibly the perfect pistol!

I think the glock 23 is the perfect weapon for home defense and concealed carry. It is simply a amazing weapon. It fires the .40 SW round which is the peacemaker between the 9mm and the .45 ACP. The design is compact and still can be feed a 13 round magazine. The weapon fits perfectly to my hands like a glove. It may have a little recoil but nothing that a little bit of practicing cant handle. Its also light weight and extremely durable. The best part is that I order mine brand new and receive two 13 round mags, a cleaning rode with brush, A hard case, Instruction manual, and of course the GLOCK 23 safe action pistol all for under $600!!!!! I would pay up to 800 for that package. So if you are serious about home defense and conceal carry this will be the perfect pistol for you. Viva la GLOCK 23!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Last edited by danp; January 18th, 2010 at 12:40 AM.

(Bucks County)

Default Re: GLOCK 23! Possibly the perfect pistol!

But can it sing and dance??? I've never fired one but I have heard that lots of people shoot themselves in the leg with Glocks...Mike45

That is good that you like Glocks, but I have a different opinion. I've owned several Glocks in the past and I can say I'll never own another one. The trigger is under par compared to the other poly pistols that are being offered. Steyrs, M&P, XDs all have better triggers compared to Glocks. Glock may have lead the way for poly pistols, but I feel that they have been living on their reputations for way too long. All of the other pistols that I have mentioned also offer hi cap mags, so I don't feel that you can say that Glock is offering something unique. The only advantage that Glocks has over it's competitors is that Glock has been around much longer. Glock also has plenty of aftermarket parts.

(Philadelphia County)

Cool Re: GLOCK 23! Possibly the perfect pistol!

Well the reason that people accidently shoot themselve is because the Glock has NO external safety and also because it has no hammer which some people use to see if the weapon is loaded and ready to fire. On the side of the weapon, it actually has a indicator that stick out that shows if a round is within the camber. End State, with any firearm if you pretent that it is loaded at all times and visually inspect the camber before and after using it. You will have no problems at all. And yes, I Still think the GLOCK 23 is the perfect pistol.

(Fulton County)

yeah im going to disagree with you.

I do not feel that the glock, let alone the glock 23 is the perfect pistol. Ive shot a 23 and many other glocks 17, 19, 26, 27, 22 and the .45 acp i think it was the 30 or something even the 10mm a few years ago. And i rather have a M&P as plastic pistols go. IMHO the 23 has alot more felt recoil than a M&P 40

As for home defense........and im sure people will agree with me NOTHING beats a 12ga shotgun.

(Fulton County)

oh yeah im not sayin the M&P is the perfect pistol. Because i like my compact 1991A1 .45 as a carry weapon compared to my M&P. I do carry my M&P 9 alot though i like that its stainless with the Mennonite protection dont have to worry about rust as much.

Its hard to really say what the perfect pistol is and what situation it will be used for.

(Bucks County)

Snap! You didn't just use the words GLOCK and PERFECT in the same sentence, did you?

(Berks County)

This is definitely one of those threads that's going to accomplish little more than get a bunch of people mad at each other.
    "Political Correctness is just tyranny with manners"
    -Charlton Heston

"[The Constitution preserves] the advantage of being armed which Americans possess over the people of almost every other nation...(where) the governments are afraid to trust the people with arms."
    -James Madison, Federalist Papers, No. 46.

"America does not go abroad in search of monsters to destroy." [sic]
    -John Quincy Adams

"I believe that banking institutions are more dangerous to our liberties than standing armies."
    -Thomas Jefferson

Μολών λαβέ!
    -King Leonidas

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by fultonCoShooter View Post
    oh yeah im not sayin the M&P is the perfect pistol. Because i like my compact 1991A1 .45 as a carry weapon compared to my M&P. I do carry my M&P 9 alot though i like that its stainless with the Mennonite protection dont have to worry about rust as much.

Its hard to really say what the perfect pistol is and what situation it will be used for.
    Yeah, the finish is plain and simple black, but it sure works hard.

Trying to get people to agree on a perfect pistol, rifle, or caliber is about as easy as getting people to agree on a perfect religion.

I think it's funny that he mentions the glock 23 as the perfect pistol, when it's he most likely out of the entire glock line to go BOOM! instead of bang. You should look into glock kabooms Crazy-C. I ain't trying to say that it'll happen with yours, or that it doesn't happen with other weapons, but of the entire glock line, it's the one that is the most likely to have that particular malfunction. I personally prefer the springfiel XD-45, but after all, it's all a matter of taste and what you can shoot well. Best of luck to you with your glock, I know it'll serve you well.

Page 1 of 18 1234511 ... LastLast