Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast
    (Northumberland County)

Default Re: GLOCK 23! Possibly the perfect pistol!

Quote Originally Posted by 40 cal View Post
    I disagree also, I like metal guns.

They do fit my hands also, an I do like them. I would much rather have a heavy metal framed gun.
    i agree with you i fired alot of plastic guns they seem to have more recoil then the metal framed ones ,the advantage of the Glock is its light easy to carry all day and if you bump it around it wont take a heavy blow like a metal framed ones i have a PT92C it has aluminum frame.

(Franklin County)

I love G23's. You'll get a million opinions.

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by Mike45 View Post
    But can it sing and dance??? I've never fired one but I have heard that lots of people shoot themselves in the leg with Glocks...Mike45
    Not lots of people; only one dumb football player!

(Franklin County)

To the OP - Have you ever shot a SIG in .40S&W? :-)

All in all, I do like Glocks and I'll purchase another 23 as my "deep cover" CCW weapon. It's not a SIG, but it'll make do ;-)

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy-c View Post
    I think the glock 23 is the perfect weapon for home defense and concealed carry. It is simply a amazing weapon. It fires the .40 SW round which is the peacemaker between the 9mm and the .45 ACP. The design is compact and still can be feed a 13 round magazine. The weapon fits perfectly to my hands like a glove. It may have a little recoil but nothing that a little bit of practicing cant handle. Its also light weight and extremely durable. The best part is that I order mine brand new and receive two 13 round mags, a cleaning rode with brush, A hard case, Instruction manual, and of course the GLOCK 23 safe action pistol all for under $600!!!!! I would pay up to 800 for that package. So if you are serious about home defense and conceal carry this will be the perfect pistol for you. Viva la GLOCK 23!!!!!!!!!!!!

I just purchased one yesterday and got the same thing you got, plus a $40 holster for under $600.00. I definently agree with you about the gun. I own a XD .45 and I love that, but after shooting this and carrying it, it truely is a perfect gun!
    "I Don't Miss"

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by thatJeffguy View Post
    To the OP - Have you ever shot a SIG?
    There, fixed that for you.
    "A peaceful mind generates power"

I have a Glock 23. While maybe not the perfect gun, it really is a great gun. I use a Blackhawk Serpa (active retention) holster with it & can comfortably carry it behind my hip whether driving, walking, or whatever.
    I am sorta looking for a comfortable inside the waistband holster though.

(Philadelphia County)

I have 2 Glocks and 2 Sigs. I'm very happy with all of them.
    I'll always have my 2 Glocks.
    I'll have "several" more Sigs

(Westmoreland County)

Quote Originally Posted by IronButt View Post
    I have a Glock 23. While maybe not the perfect gun, it really is a great gun. I use a Blackhawk Serpa (active retention) holster with it & can comfortably carry it behind my hip whether driving, walking, or whatever.
    I am sorta looking for a comfortable inside the waistband holster though.
    I have yet to find a comfortable waistband holster. My waist may have something to do with it? A salesman talked me out of the 23, he said the grip was too small for my hands. I agreed with him and bought the model 22, kinda wish I would have bought the 23.

(Philadelphia County)

I have owned my glock 23 for more than 3 years now and emplaced hundreds of rounds through it. My collection of firearms and particularly handguns have increased. And I can still say that the Glock 23 is one hell of a weapon. I recently just came back from over seas as a infantry officer and really wish the Army would switch over to a glock pistol intead of the M9 9mm pistol, which most Soldier would agree with me is kinda shitty pistol. I appreciate all the replies and post and opinions but it still is the perfect pistol for me. It is on my hip right now as I write. I have a CCP and have carried my weapon throughout Philadelphia and never regret have it. Simply put its a great weapon and wish I could of had it over in Iraq. If you want to get one of these perfect pistols please try this website because you cant have mine: http://www.gunsamerica.com/Search/Ca...Pistols/23.htm Also I highly recommend a Black Hawk Serpa holster for concealed carry which is a excellent rig. Until next time stay safe and shoot straight and continue to excerise and protect the 2nd Amendment.
    Last edited by Crazy-c; October 16th, 2009 at 06:41 PM.

Page 15 of 18 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718 LastLast