Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    (Tioga County)

Default Re: Tuesday April 9th - Another anti-gun Protest in Philadelphia

No problem for me. I work two blocks away and can take time away from the job.

I printed flyers and have a video camera.
    MikeP

(Tioga County)

MikeP

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by BobGun View Post
    If the NRA was to do this the MSM would be shouting that the evil NRA is using the gun manufactures money to push their agenda. We can not stoop to the level of the antis.
    I agree with this comment. The NRA is vilified by the MSM and the sheeple.

It is far better to have grass-roots representation, like we had at the Hbg rally in January. It was truly repulsive to see the busloads of ceasefire dregs that were carted in on the promise of a free t-shirt and a box lunch...our side must NEVER stoop to that level.

Today at Toomey's deal, I met a good number of fellow Poofahs (PhillyVet, for one) as well as FOAC and others (sorry I forgot everybody's name already!).

I was briefly interviewed by someone from NBC10, and when he asked if I belong to any organized groups I just referred to PAFOA and FOAC...I'm just a responsible citizen.

I was the guy holding a large reversible sign; one side said "STOP the ASSAULT on the 2A" and the other said "Common sense says PROSECUTE CRIME don't PERSECUTE US". PhillyVet slyly got me to move right behind ceasefire's banner...just next to Nutter and Rendel (I feel I need to take a shower to decontaminate!).

I think our side had a decent showing, considering it was last-minute and in the middle of a work day.

Thanks to all of you that showed up, and to all of you supporting in whatever way you could today!!
    Last edited by donstrom; April 9th, 2013 at 02:12 PM.
    (Member NRA & GOA)

(Philadelphia County)

Funny these anti-gun dorks organize these protests in the middle of the week. It's probably because they don't have jobs to go to.

(Philadelphia County)

I got their late, but it was nice to meet some of the fellow members from PAFOA.

(Tioga County)

Good meet you guys. I'm terrible remembering names though.

So how many of you attened the rally armed? I was CC my LCP.

Bet those antis in attendance didn't realize there were evil guns among them
    just wanting to jump out of holsters and commit "gun violence".
    MikeP

In the shade of the cooling towers, Pennsylvania
    (Montgomery County)

It was great to meet everyone. Serpentine next time you show up bring some Cacia pizza
    It's funny but you could tell the sheeple a mile away. I swear they all look like the same protesters from the Viet Nam era only older. Maybe neater but there's something there.
    Then maybe it's just me. I actually had a women tell me to be quiet, that it was their rally, so much for discussion and free speech.
    To answer a question, I was CC my 1911 .45

(Chester County)

I really wanted to go, but unfortunately I can literally barely walk today. Thanks to all who went.

Donstrom, I tried to give you some rep, but I guess I have given you some recently. Sorry.
    "Those who expect to reap the blessings of freedom, must, like men, undergo the fatigues of supporting it." — Thomas Paine

Thanks to the guys and gals who could make it today on short notice. Nice meeting a bunch of PAFOA folks. I got into it with quite few anti's....they didn't like to hear the facts which is no surprise as they quickly turned and walked away...

I was told to "shhhh" so many times which made me shout louder...one guy, I believe from Cease Fire PA, asked if he could talk to me across the street....I guess I was disrupting their protest....told him I would talk to him when I am done here... he didn't like that. What a bunch of sheeple.....

You should have seen the faces around me when I yelled out " Long Live the NRA".....priceless

BTW - I was the guy with the gray goatee, black "TOC Tactical" baseball cap and "Gun Registration = Confiscation" sign

And yes, I was armed!!
    Last edited by JohnnyJ; April 9th, 2013 at 03:00 PM. Reason: Added text

(Chester County)

Thanks to everyone who got out there. It was great meeting you all. I know we had a lot more people with us in spirit because they were working. We draw our strength from everyone here.

I noticed that several of the demonstrators had Occupy Wall Street talking point cheat sheets taped to the backs of their signs.

donstrom, great work on the giant sign, and great work using your size to get it in front of and above the other side's signs.

I was interviewed by a radio guy from IQ 106 (apparently a new conservative talk station), so I got the easy questions. I'm not really good at that sort of thing, but I did my best. I saw several of our guys talking to the 6 ABC people; I'll be looking for that on tonight's news.

The people from the other side who engaged me had no clue whatsoever about what is going on here. They seem to see it as a game, or something to do on a nice Tuesday. They have nothing at all to lose. They refuse to try to understand why we are upset. I can't imagine how anyone can take them seriously.

Time to saddle up for the next one.... don't forget to pound Toomey every day.
    Boy, I say boy, you're reaching the limits of my medication!

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast