Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Default Bought, but never shot

Just wondering how many people out there bought a gun to shoot, but for what ever reason, haven't shot it, yet? I don't mean you just purchased it and are waiting to go to the range this weekend, but something you either forgot about, or you are doing some work on it, whatever. What made me think of this is I purchased a SG a little while ago that I wanted to take out and try on the skeet range and basically make sure it did what the previous owner told me it would do, but the last two times I went to the range, it didn't even occur to me to take it until I was either there or too close to the range to bother turning around to go back and get it. I also have a 1911 that I did some reliability and trigger work on and have yet to get it to the range. It's a target gun, but it hasn't made it in my tote case, yet, either. I've had it for over 6 months, now.

FWIW, I no longer go to the range and shoot 2 or 300 rounds like I used to. I know we can't do that now, and I'm cautious of what I use out of my stash. Still, it's a relief to be able to go and super slow fire 20 or so rounds, if nothing else but to smell the powder and hear the muffled shots of OP shooting, and make sure my lamps are working, correctly.
    BCM and Glock...for a bigger pile of 'cold dead hands' brass.

(Jefferson County)

Default Re: Bought, but never shot

I've got lots of guns I haven't shot yet. Sometimes I buy a gun just to buy it, sometimes as a collectors piece, sometimes with full intention to shoot it but just don't get around to it.

I really don't care if I shoot or not. I spent most of my youth shooting guns, so the "charm" is gone. And anymore I see my ammo as a mother with nesting issues sees her kids - not wanting them to leave home.. ...I don't want to lose my little babies. lol
    RIP: SFN, 1861, twoeggsup, Lambo, jamesjo, JayBell, 32 Magnum, Pro2A, mrwildroot, dregan, Frenchy, Fragger, ungawa, Mtn Jack, Grapeshot, R.W.J., PennsyPlinker, Statkowski, Deanimator, roland, aubie515

Don't end up in my signature!

(Allegheny County)

Funny. I was just thinking that I bought something about 2 months ago that I haven't shot yet.
    The kicker is that I'm a lawn care operator, so I've not been working due to weather, and season, so I've HAD time - I just haven't made the plan to go.

I need to rectify that.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Schuylkill County)

When I buy a gun I cant wait to shoot it and do so as soon as humanly possible.

Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Just wondering how many people out there bought a gun to shoot, but for what ever reason, haven't shot it, yet? I don't mean you just purchased it and are waiting to go to the range this weekend, but something you either forgot about, or you are doing some work on it, whatever. What made me think of this is I purchased a SG a little while ago that I wanted to take out and try on the skeet range and basically make sure it did what the previous owner told me it would do, but the last two times I went to the range, it didn't even occur to me to take it until I was either there or too close to the range to bother turning around to go back and get it. I also have a 1911 that I did some reliability and trigger work on and have yet to get it to the range. It's a target gun, but it hasn't made it in my tote case, yet, either. I've had it for over 6 months, now.

FWIW, I no longer go to the range and shoot 2 or 300 rounds like I used to. I know we can't do that now, and I'm cautious of what I use out of my stash. Still, it's a relief to be able to go and super slow fire 20 or so rounds, if nothing else but to smell the powder and hear the muffled shots of OP shooting, and make sure my lamps are working, correctly.
    My shooting habits haven't changed...... I still shoot a couple hundred rounds of various calibers (9mm, 38spl, 45acp, 45 Colt) every week. I reload and have a 3 year supply of components so I figure I can outlast this latest craziness. As far as unfired, new handguns......not me. I don't have safe queens.....

(Northampton County)

I have a brand new AR that I picked up right before the panic that I've been working on here and there for the last few months and never took out. Truth be told, I've been considering hocking it for a new pair of headphones.
    Last edited by BionicMan; April 5th, 2013 at 01:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    "charm" is gone.
    Sad commentary, but so true, at times.

Quote Originally Posted by knight0334 View Post
    so the "charm" is gone.
    Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    Sad commentary, but so true, at times.
    Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    I've HAD time - I just haven't made the plan to go.

I need to rectify that.
    Uhh...that's kinda what I'm getting at. What's going on here? My wife said to me just recently...there is always helping more around the house if you're bored.

(Allegheny County)

I've got I think seven guns in the safe I haven't shot yet. Amazing you buy them because they keep yelling at you to Buy Me, Buy Me, Buy Me, when you're in the gun store. When you get home they get placed in the safe and forgot about, until you open up the safe and see all the guns you never shot.

(Northampton County)

I don't buy safe queens or allow anything to sit more than a day before shooting. I will usually come up with an excuse to go to the range. I stock piled ammo become the New town incident because Obama made it clear in his first term that gun control was on his agenda. I am still buying up ammo any where I can find it . Also I am still shooting on a twice a week schedule minimum. If I can continue to pick up ammo as I go then I don't deplete my stock pile.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast