Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

We must make ourselves heard, and we cannot allow this sort of thing to happen:

http://www.nbcphiladelphia.com/news/...201450451.html

The 2nd Amendment to the United States Constitution states:

A well regulated militia being necessary to the security of a free state, the right of the people to keep and bear arms shall not be infringed.
    Article 1, § 21 to the Pennsylvania Commonwealth Constitution states:

The right of the citizens to bear arms in defence of themselves and the State shall not be questioned.
    And Title 18 § 6120 of the Pennsylvania Code states:

No county, municipality or township may in any manner regulate the lawful...possession...of firearms...when carried or transported for purposes not prohibited by the laws of this Commonwealth.
    And yet, Philadelphia's Mayor Michael Nutter has signed into law an ordinance that SPECIFICALLY makes it a crime for people who are licensed by the State to carry firearms for self-defense to exercise their rights while in public parks.

This is unacceptable. And ILLEGAL.

We will not be made into criminals. We will not be punished for the bad acts of others who have no respect for their fellow man. And we will not tolerate being restricted from exercising our freedoms just because some Mayor thinks he is above the law!

Join me on May 25th in Philadelphia as we protest this outright violation of State law, and make ourselves heard. March with me through Philadelphia, from Love Park to the People's Plaza, and let us make sure the entire city knows that we are not going to allow our right to self-defense to be stripped away from us in a time when we need it the most!

If you are able and planning to attend, make it known by RSVPing in this thread. That way we'll know how many strong we will be! I'll create a Facebook event as well, for those who are interested. Also, if you have any way to contribute - sign making, bringing along a bullhorn, can provide snacks and refreshments while we march - let us know!

FACEBOOK EVENT PAGE: https://www.facebook.com/events/152120718291030
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; May 20th, 2013 at 09:28 AM.

Exclamation Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - May 23rd, 2013

I hope to be participating in the Gun Rights Across America rally but will do whatever I can to support your event.

https://www.facebook.com/events/131075320406363/

Andrew

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

I am actually saddened. I am let down. This burdens me. What can we do now, as in right now, this minute. Can there be a class action suit? a summary judgement? I posted about this before (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ar-page-5.html), but we need an attorney to clarify. I am happy to contribute financially for an attorney to bring suit, but I cannot bear the cost all on my own.

(Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Gave all my Philly gun friends a heads up on this. I'm waiting for my renewed LTCF and should arrive by then. Will come out with wife and 6-month-old. I'm just plain sick, sick, fucking sick of this Philly crap.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    Gave all my Philly gun friends a heads up on this. I'm waiting for my renewed LTCF and should arrive by then. Will come out with wife and 6-month-old. I'm just plain sick, sick, fucking sick of this Philly crap.

Al
    Bring your enthusiasm.

(Philadelphia County)

If, at work, my senior leadership tasked me with reducing the number of gun crimes in city rec centers and parks, and this law is what I proposed, I would be fired on the spot.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by serpentine View Post
    I am actually saddened. I am let down. This burdens me. What can we do now, as in right now, this minute. Can there be a class action suit? a summary judgement? I posted about this before (http://forum.pafoa.org/pennsylvania-...ar-page-5.html), but we need an attorney to clarify. I am happy to contribute financially for an attorney to bring suit, but I cannot bear the cost all on my own.
    I got in touch with my lawyer - he says that he, some other local lawyers, and the NRA are looking at this.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    I got in touch with my lawyer - he says that he, some other local lawyers, and the NRA are looking at this.
    That's awesome, I am sure you'll post any info you can.

And yes, I am attending.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by ViperGTS19801 View Post
    Bring your enthusiasm.
    Will bring my camera as well.

By the way, I think you're doing this because you blew through the $25K settlement already and now need more money.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Chester County)

Can't wait to try out my Go-Pro camera with a chest rig....
    Bryan, Currently stationed at Langley AFB, Va

Page 1 of 11 12345 ... LastLast