Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast
    (Philadelphia County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Just did some research and Love Park is actually a Plaza [Honestly didn't know that]. I'm assuming it's city owned property tough. Either way I feel more comfortable OCing there.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: The Official Philadelphia Gun Rights March - Saturday, May 25th, 2013

Once I sit down and plan the route more thoroughly, it will take us through what would be considered a public park.

Also, if anyone wants an invite to the Facebook page and doesn't already have one, send me a PM on here and I will hook you up. For those of you who don't facebook, I will update this thread periodically with any announcements or important information.

(Delaware County)

Now that all the drama is behind us, let's focus on making this thing great, and get some ideas together in an organized fashion for what we want to do.

The idea here is to assemble at LOVE Park, then head down as a group to the Save the 2A rally at People's Plaza, which is at 5th and Market. Now, when Ted organized an OC rally in Philly last year, we made a few stops along the way to protest in front of key offices and the like. I'm going to head into the city one day this week to help me get an idea of where would be good to plan our route, but does anyone have any particular suggestions?

Also, I've invited Representative Daryl Metcalf to see if he's able and willing to come out and speak at the event. We also have a request from a guy who does liberty-focused music who would like to come out and play during the march (although that would require a budget, which I'll have to spend some time on figuring out). What else can we do to add some more depth to our march?

(Bucks County)

pm me if anyone is taking the regional trenton line down. be nice to chit chat on the train down. i hate parking downtown and recently i heard the ppa is ticketing motorcycles parked on sidewalks (my usual prefered method of downtown travel)
    my goal: to get every good person in the philly region responsibly armed.

(Chester County)

Its been a long time, very long time since I have been on the R5 but does anyone know how easy it would be to get to Love Park if the wife and kids and I took the train into Philly? I wouldnt be opposed to a cab if its relatively close...
    Bryan, Currently stationed at Langley AFB, Va

(Philadelphia County)

Love Park is about 20 feet from Suburban Station.

(Philadelphia County)

I would suggest assembling in the parking lots at Penn's Landing since there always seems to be plenty of spots there along Columbus Blvd. in the lots. Walk up South Street to Broad, make the right towards City Hall, then back down Market Street to Old City. There are some important places to stop along that route or slightly off of it where you could stray away and come back to again so that everyone is noticed.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by .45Kimber1911 View Post
    I would suggest assembling in the parking lots at Penn's Landing since there always seems to be plenty of spots there along Columbus Blvd. in the lots. Walk up South Street to Broad, make the right towards City Hall, then back down Market Street to Old City. There are some important places to stop along that route or slightly off of it where you could stray away and come back to again so that everyone is noticed.
    I'm not sure what they charge for parking down there, but it's a rather long walk to Love Park if we are starting there. There is a parking lot on Spring (just south of Vine) and 15th where parking is $5 all day on the weekend (see http://philapark.org/garages/gateway/). It's literally 2 blocks from from Love Park.

For those who are taking public transportation, most/all SEPTA trains go to Suburban Station. As ragequit said, it's literally right across from Love Park. If you're taking subway, both Broad St. line (Orange) and Market-Frankford (Blue) stop at 15th and Market. Love Park is 1.5 block north of the station.

Al
    "In a controversy, the instant we feel anger we have already ceased striving for the truth and have begun striving for ourselves." - Siddhartha Gautama

(Sullivan County)

Viper! Count Dan and I in on this! Couple of items. 1) Any problem with dogs in any of the parks? And 2) Ever heard of Joshua Prince? He is a 2A, Art. 1 Sect 21 attorney who loves to take on Philadelphia on their illegal laws/ordinances concerning firearms. He also is affiliated with USCCA. Keep up the good work!

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by mythaeus View Post
    I'm not sure what they charge for parking down there, but it's a rather long walk to Love Park if we are starting there. There is a parking lot on Spring (just south of Vine) and 15th where parking is $5 all day on the weekend (see http://philapark.org/garages/gateway/). It's literally 2 blocks from from Love Park.

For those who are taking public transportation, most/all SEPTA trains go to Suburban Station. As ragequit said, it's literally right across from Love Park. If you're taking subway, both Broad St. line (Orange) and Market-Frankford (Blue) stop at 15th and Market. Love Park is 1.5 block north of the station.

Al
    Thanks for the parking lot. I was planning on taking the El down but my cousin wants to go to. He lives by 5th & Spring, but he's to lazy to meet us there.

Page 6 of 11 FirstFirst ... 2345678910 ... LastLast