Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Exclamation Gun Owners of AMerica pushed harder than the NRA

This raises an eyebrow to me...Gun Owners of America’s total revenue in 2011 was less than $2 million, compared with the N.R.A.’s nearly $220 million. The group spent $1.3 million last year to lobby Congress, while the N.R.A. spent nearly $3 million. Its campaign contributions last year were $119,850, placing it at 2,669 on a list of 20,968 lobbying groups ranked by the Center for Responsive Politics. The N.R.A. spent $1.5 million, putting it at 230th. Gun Owners of America has 300,000 dues-paying members; the N.R.A. has five million.

Regardless of our loyalty to either group this should be something worth looking into...knowledge is power!

Article:
    http://www.nytimes.com/2013/04/04/us...=fb-share&_r=0
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Chester County)

Default Re: Gun Owners of AMerica pushed harder than the NRA

seems like a great idea to beat up on the NRA when we need them the most. Thanks for that.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Finch00 View Post
    seems like a great idea to beat up on the NRA when we need them the most. Thanks for that.
    Not intended at all to beat on either group... I am a member of the NRA...i'm just stating facts presented however, anyone perceives them is of a personal dispute. I keep away from emotions overpowering litigation.

My personal view is that we need both groups now more than ever!

(York County)

Be careful when stating "facts" from the ny times..................Remember whose side they are supporting. Old divide and conquer.

All established charities and organizations have huge loads, which result in the money that actually goes to whatever cause they are in business for to be dwindled down to only a few percent. I left Wounded Warrior because their top 100 employees ALL make over 6 figures, and that's just ridiculous. Most charities burn like 5 to 95 cents for every dollar they take in. Makes you just want to go do the work yourself; which in the case of Wounded Warrior, I do.

The difference between GOA and NRA is that one is younger, and I suppose less well-known, and corporate retirees haven't yet gotten their hooks into them yet. It will happen soon I'm sure. First former CEO that gets a 6 figure job to do nothing there will be followed by the rest of his pals, and that organization will end up as ridiculous as every other one. Go look up your favorite charity and see how much of your money is wasted, and how much goes to their employees. Such waste.

Even worse is the federal government's forced charity programs, i.e. welfare, whose HHS boasts over 900 employees making over 6 figures, not including benefits and retirement.

(Northumberland County)

I am a member of both, my wife is a member of both. I agree with the comment about the NY Times, seems like they are just trying to divide the ranks. We need to stand together on this, we can't sit here and say, "NRA isn't working hard enough for us", or "GOA isn't doing their job". We need to support one or both of the groups.

I am a member of both NRA & GOA and have been for a while. My NRA membership goes back over 50yrs. and they do not always do just what I want. With an organization of their size and age there will be different agendas at different times. I feel that we would be in a lot worse shape on laws if they had not been around.

I have so far not seen any attacks on each other, if there is then we will have to pick sides and it IMHO will not be good.
    Courage is being scared to death--but saddling up any way. John Wayne

(Erie County)

I think both organizations are clear representations of ourselves as responsible gun owners plain and simple. But, with that said, like all organizations that are subject to the all mighty $$ you'll always stumble upon a snake or two in the green grass. It should always raise our eyebrows when the SHTF to always question and keep a watchful eye on those who represent us. Now, I am in no way pissing in the wind of either group but, doing my job as a member to keep them honest.

We all knew how bad things were going to be with the traitor in office now but, lets all be honest here, nobody thought things would turn out like they are now.

(Monroe County)

I signed up my whole family and many of my friends with the NRA this year. I will be the first to say that we need the NRA and that Politicians fear the NRA the most.

That all said... I support he GOA too. I am glad that the GOA is there to keep the NRA honest.

We need all Pro Gun Rights Groups working for us right now. Not just one or the other.
    Last edited by tsafa; April 4th, 2013 at 05:52 PM.

(Juniata County)

Support both. Write Both. Make sure they hear you.
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast