Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Philadelphia County)

Default getting my fiance to shoot

My fiance said she would like to learn how to shoot but would want to in a private range or a private stall where it is just me and her. Now we live in S. Philly so there I don't have my own ranges. Does anyone know of a place like that for privacy?

Default Re: getting my fiance to shoot

Quote Originally Posted by hawkinsje View Post
    My fiance said she would like to learn how to shoot but would want to in a private range or a private stall where it is just me and her. Now we live in S. Philly so there I don't have my own ranges. Does anyone know of a place like that for privacy?
    Not that i know of, I'm guessing because of safety reasons. Hopefully some other members will chime in.

Try The Gun Range over by traffic court. You'll get your own lane/stall but of course others are next to it. If you go during the right time its usually not very busy. The staff is also great.

Does anyone know of a place like that for privacy?
    If by "private", she means, "no one can see me shoot, ever, at all" -- no, such a thing doesn't exist anywhere around here. However, now is a great time to be a novice, because with so many new shooters, there's bound to be other new shooters around when she's shooting.

Her best bet, though, may be to sign up for a class like NRA Basic Pistol. Most of the people there will be new or inexperienced shooters. She'll feel less self-conscious about her inexperience in the company of other inexperienced shooters, I bet.

There's no shame in being new!

(Delaware County)

Probably the closest you will get is here. They are in yeadon so not too far away. Half the time there are only a few people shooting. Sometimes you have the range to yourself.
    http://www.doubleaction.org/

(Montgomery County)

just drive up north Broad, make a right on say, Lehigh, and apparently you can shoot anywhere up there for free anytime. if you want privacy, just pick a house with boards on the windows and kick the door in.

(Delaware County)

Philadelphia Archery and Gun Club. $15 a day and you buy their ammo or $25 a day and bring your own. They only have 7 lanes so it's as private as you're going to get in South Philadelphia. They have gun rentals and instructors if she really want to get into it. I was a member there for years and membership is pretty expensive, even if you catch one of their deal days, but for a single time or two it's not that pricey. Parking sucks but being from South Philly I'm sure you know about that.