Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Default Gun Clubs in the Erie area

Thinking about joining a Gun Club in the Erie area...not sure as to which are private or open to the public and thought where else to ask a question like this

I have a few in mind given their locations..but, looking for one that has an outdoor range as well..

Walnut Creek -
    Keystone Gun Club -
    Gem City -
    Lawrence Park -
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Erie County)

Default Re: Gun Clubs in the Erie area

Depending on which side of town you're on, Walnut Creek (west) and Gem City (east) both have outdoor ranges.
    I belong to Gem City; http://www.gemcitygunclub.org/ there is a range map and calender of events for you. Downside is indoor access is limited to open shoots.
    Keystone is very nice, and friendly, only indoor shoots, but anytime, so nice in winter, plus they have a PAFOA discount.
    Lawrence Park is nice, indoor shoots, anytime.
    Never been to Walnut Creek.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

yeah, i'm real close to keystone which I'm considering to join just for the indoor range and the winter months here in Erie!

There's another one I'm thinking about near Waterford....Erie County sportmen's league?

Just looking for the place to call home besides dealing with the crowds at Sampson Rd. Nothing against that place but, when it comes down to it you get what you pay for definitely applies...

(Erie County)

Keystone is open to the public on Tuesday and Thursday nights, 10$ per shooter. I have been there a few times but have not joined yet. Nice place, never had to wait for a bench.

(Erie County)

JRY46 is a member at ECSL, PM him. I've not been to that one either, but I know they have an outdoor range.
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    JRY46 is a member at ECSL, PM him. I've not been to that one either, but I know they have an outdoor range.
    thanks for the heads up. Much appreciated

Walnut Creek has gone downhill. I did renew my membership there though just last month since it's so close to me and dirt cheap. I've heard a lot of great things about Gem City and even though it's 10x as far away for me (than Walnut Creek) I've been thinking about joining.
    -Champion5-

(Erie County)

Erie County Sportsman's League has 10 pistol pits,1 - covered 100 yd rifle range & a soon to be covered 300 yd rifle range, 4 trap fields and a soon to be remodeled archery range. Club is open on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings to pick up a membership and schedule of events. Our web site is down at this time, but we will have the bugs worked out of that soon. Also 1st rifle match is on April 28................................................ .JR

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JRY46 View Post
    Erie County Sportsman's League has 10 pistol pits,1 - covered 100 yd rifle range & a soon to be covered 300 yd rifle range, 4 trap fields and a soon to be remodeled archery range. Club is open on Sunday mornings and Wednesday evenings to pick up a membership and schedule of events. Our web site is down at this time, but we will have the bugs worked out of that soon. Also 1st rifle match is on April 28................................................ .JR
    ECSL is a nice club and you can get plenty of exercise walking 300 and back. I made about a dozen trips last weekend. I need a better spotter...or an all-terrain Rascal!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by JRY46 View Post
    Sweet! Wish I had some time to help out with the site. I'm a web tech. It funds my habits

I'll have to make a run out there sometime soon for some info.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast