Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Erie County)

Default Re: Gun Clubs in the Erie area

How about a PAFOA day at ECSL?
    The most dangerous place in America is a "gun free" zone.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Truckman View Post
    How about a PAFOA day at ECSL?
    That would be cool. I'm allowed 2 guests.

(Erie County)

I AM SURE WE CAN WORK THAT OUT.

(Erie County)

Any news or contact info on the Lawrence park one? That is about 3 minutes away for me! Thanks

(Erie County)

I belong to keystone, ive referred a few people now into the club.

Its $45 a year for membership ( with sponsor)
    $3.00 per visit to shoot as a regular member.

Theres a gold level around $125ish where you don't need to pay per visit.

The board members there are pretty laid back and cool, they like to talk guns and don't have an elitist attitude. Ive carried for 12 years and maybe shot 200 rounds during that time (enough to know how my gun will feel) but i haven't really immersed myself into "gun culture" until about a year ago, i know alot about my rugers, glocks, and local/interstate laws and share info with others.
    I like to learn from others there about other firearms, and sport shooting tips. Now ive turned a hobby into a full out addiction at the worst possible time, during the worlds largest ammo shortage.. lol.

I stopped in on a Monday to check on some damage i did to a backboard when trying to sight my crimson trace when they had a combat shoot going on, they convinced me to try one of the shoots,and one of the board members let me use their 22 since i only had my 380 on me and a single mag.
    I shot horrible, as expected, but nobody was there to judge. Everyone was cool.

Usually when i go there, its Sundays around 6pm. I get the whole place to myself. I try to bring in friends to get them comfortable with firearms ( guests are $6.00). Last Sunday i was there almost 3 hours and went through close to 400 rounds trying to practice at 3 different distances. I work in a very high stress job (IT Manager), and going to the range is my "quiet time"

Once a week usually they have some sort of event or competition, where its around $5.00 to play and a lower stake for re-shoots and you are scored. Winner gets range passes, or a steak ( for the steak shoot) and they change things up a bit.

Its nice to be able to go anytime i want, as long as there's not an event or class going on upstairs ( they email and post on website any events) I usually carry around a "shooters" pack with me, a few boxes, earplugs and glasses just in case im in Erie and i get an urge to go. Being open 8am-10pm is great.

No real strict rules other than safety, common sense, courtesy. Clean up after yourself, don't hog lanes when other shooters are waiting, etc. I never have to wait when i go, its usually always empty.

That should sum things up - I live in Edinboro, so its worth the drive for me.
    Last edited by John_Z; April 27th, 2013 at 05:02 PM.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by The Bandit View Post
    Any news or contact info on the Lawrence park one? That is about 3 minutes away for me! Thanks
    Did you ever find out anything about the LP gun club? I live about a mile away too. When I couldn't find anything out about it, I joined Keystone. I've had no problems there, but the LP club is closer.

(Erie County)

For those that have asked about the Lawrence Park Rifle Club I can offer the following info. The club has it's meeting's the first Monday of the month unless it is a holiday and then it will first Monday after the holiday.
    The annual meeting is coming up on the 17th.of Nov. at 7:00 pm. You are welcome to stop by the club during any of the meeting's. I am a board member and if you have any questions you may PM me and I will do my best to answer them for you.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12