Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Erie County)

Talking What's your take on the Ammo crisis?

Ok, how to start this off without sounding like a pi$$ed off gun owner who likes to shoot for the fun of it...from what I've gathered from all the youtube videos, local talk, local gun shops and so on is all a huge scheme to make huge profits off what our so-called leader likes to refer to us Pennsylvania folk as "Bible hugging Gun clingers"...so, knowing this he creates a scare tactic and everyone goes ape sh*t for guns & ammo causing the majority of total scum to take advantage of the situation by buying up all the ammo to just re-sell at outrageous prices on Gun-Broker knowing that the only people who will buy the ammo is the shooters..I've overheard some people from Walmarts who were only purchasing all the ammo they can to "flip" it online...I looked at the woman and smiled while thinking nothing but, sweet thoughts of her face on my 100 yard paper target the next time at the range...nah, but seriously how could people take advantage of such a situation knowing they are screwing with Gun owners? I'm looking at this historical event as a judgement on loyal gun shops and local businesses to see who is trustworthy and deserving of my hard earned $$

CamoJak
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Allegheny County)

Default Re: What's your take on the Ammo crisis?

Did you just say that Obama is doing everything he's doing in order to scare us into buying up all the ammo in order to "screw" other "shooters"?
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    Did you just say that Obama is doing everything he's doing in order to scare us into buying up all the ammo in order to "screw" other "shooters"?
    well, if I were a libtard like he is and knowing not just the Pa. folk but ALL the so-called gun clingers would spend all their income-tax checks on guns & ammo...sounds like some sorta conspiracy theory now doesnt it? or does it....the dude is a Harvard grad...lol just a wild thought...given all the facts.

(Allegheny County)

OK, I was just checking to see if I was picking up what you're putting down.

That said, I think you're making more of it than what it is.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

Conspiracies are difficult to plan, and difficult to cover up, especially for someone who's dumber than dirt. You're giving him way too much credit.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by Emptymag View Post
    OK, I was just checking to see if I was picking up what you're putting down.

That said, I think you're making more of it than what it is.
    yeah, it's mostly just the anger and frustration coming out...but, mostly my passion for the sport.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    Conspiracies are difficult to plan, and difficult to cover up, especially for someone who's dumber than dirt. You're giving him way too much credit.
    I would like to hope so! it's people like him that would go to any lengths to tear apart what so many in this country love

(Schuylkill County)

My thinking on this is, it just plain sucks!!!

(Erie County)

Unhappy Re: What's your take on the Ammo crisis?

Quote Originally Posted by nitro570 View Post
    My thinking on this is, it just plain sucks!!!
    here here! the day will come when all who paid the outrageous prices for their AR's and ammo will bring tears to their eyes and emptiness to their wallets!! i'm holding out while all this BS is happening...I have my Ad from gander Mountain from a year ago to date and the prices for all the ammo and even the M&P AR15 they advertised for $679 WITH 3 magpul magazines included!!!! yes.....let me repeat that 679!!! in a years time WOW to the inflation!! this sickens me...and now it's my lunchtime

(Tioga County)

Some of it is rational, some of it is irrational panic follow the lemmings behavior.

The rational part is people buying what they use and maybe extra to tide them over for any shortage of supply.

The irrational part is the people running into Dick's after the CT shooting and buying $20K worth of ammo or people hanging around in Wal Mart at 3 AM every night hoping to con a stocking lady into handing over a pallet of ammo, especially these folks buying up calibers they don't even have in a firearm.

I remember years ago looking at some numbers Vail Resorts hoovered up about skiers in Colorado. They found the average Coloradan that declared themselves to be a very active skier only in reality skied 5 days a year.

And I think it is much the same with most gun owners. Locally here in Tioga County, most gun owners seem to sight in their hunting rifles and then maybe shoot a couple of times a year, if that even.

So most people are never going to use these tens of thousands of rounds they are buying up in a frenzy. I can say back when I used to compete in smallbore rifle, I shot two 3-position sets a day for practice using around 100 rounds a day and would do the same in competition and I probably did at least 3 competitions a month. So even with that active schedule of 20 shooting days a month at least, practicing or competing 2 hours a day, I was probably shooting 2000-2500 rounds of 22LR in one month, 10-11 months of the year.

I seriously doubt 99% of the people out there are on that rigorous of shooting or competition schedule or anyway near it, so piling up tens of thousands of rounds doesn't make much sense to me.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast