Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Bucks County)

Default Re: What's your take on the Ammo crisis?

I managed to stock up on just enough ammo to shoot occasionally, this was the end of last year. Now it's near impossible to find anything but defense ammo. I saw one site today asking $56 for a 50 rnd box of 9mm FMJ, talk about gouging. I know I am way behind the curve with being late to the party, but I want to start hand loading. Finding supplies for that operation is also like finding hens teeth especially primers. Does anyone know of a local source for reloading supplies here in Bucks county. I've exhausted the internet trying to find supplies. Thanks in advance.

(Erie County)

It's so annoying I went into a local gunship they had a good stock of ammo at gouge prices. Not paying 26.99 for the same exact model ammo I paid 18 dollars for a month ago. I try my local wallmarts but its hard since they are so spread out, and their employees get first dibs

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mannymacfly View Post
    It's so annoying I went into a local gunship they had a good stock of ammo at gouge prices. Not paying 26.99 for the same exact model ammo I paid 18 dollars for a month ago. I try my local wallmarts but its hard since they are so spread out, and their employees get first dibs
    I believe their is a new policy at Wally world not permitting employees to purchase ammunition...doesnt mean they wont stash it for their buddies to show up later to sell it to them...me and a couple family members are checking out the local Walmarts and checking into all this hoopla....we arent taking this BS anymore...people who are buying it should be the ones who are going to use it!
    "May Justice find the wicked and the wings of Liberty never lose a feather."

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by CamoJak View Post
    I believe their is a new policy at Wally world not permitting employees to purchase ammunition...doesnt mean they wont stash it for their buddies to show up later to sell it to them...me and a couple family members are checking out the local Walmarts and checking into all this hoopla....we arent taking this BS anymore...people who are buying it should be the ones who are going to use it!
    That is what they are doing, having mom/dad/girlfriend/boyfriend come in and pick it up, they dont even put the ammo in the case anymore they hide it in the back. And you could call them out on it using their stock manager on walmart.com but they have been taking those stock counts offline so we are 100% screwed.

I say we should help each other get ammo Im looking for 9mm/40 sw and reloading supplies for those calibers as well.

Stone's throw from Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania
    (Butler County)

It's certainly not getting any better. Just went to Wheeling Cabela's, and they didn't have a single round of any common calibers. And at Gander Mountain, they've taken away the pistol ammo shelves altogether, and have the pistol ammo on a small shelf behind the counter, with only a few useless rounds like .17 HMR.

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by scruff View Post
    It's certainly not getting any better. Just went to Wheeling Cabela's, and they didn't have a single round of any common calibers. And at Gander Mountain, they've taken away the pistol ammo shelves altogether, and have the pistol ammo on a small shelf behind the counter, with only a few useless rounds like .17 HMR.
    I could see this happening to Gander Mountain...the cater to the left...thats why they dont sell AR15's anymore....I could see them dropping their firearms department altogether....thankful for Cabelas coming to Erie soon!

(Erie County)

Quote Originally Posted by mannymacfly View Post
    That is what they are doing, having mom/dad/girlfriend/boyfriend come in and pick it up, they dont even put the ammo in the case anymore they hide it in the back. And you could call them out on it using their stock manager on walmart.com but they have been taking those stock counts offline so we are 100% screwed.

I say we should help each other get ammo Im looking for 9mm/40 sw and reloading supplies for those calibers as well.
    Oh, most likely they are...I say call their bluff and get the higher ups involved...expose them for the crap theyre pulling....it's not like they are buying it to shoot....total scum of the earth!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12