Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Bucks County)

Default response from local rep.

I've been sending out emails on a daily basis to all my elected officials, depending on whether it's within their jurisdiction, I've received many email canned responses from them & even a personnal one from Mike Fitzpatrick, but yesterday I got a phone call from my local state rep. Frank Farry in response to my emails to him, he spent almost 20 mins on the phone with me & he assured me he fully supports the 2nd amendment & will vote against anything that comes up in the state of PA to infringe on it, the only thing he supports is having people with mental problems checked out professionally before being allowed to make a firearm purchase & if they need to be on meds that there should be a way to make sure they take them in order to keep firearms, he admits this isn't a perfect solution as it infringes on personnel freedoms but if someone has a better idea he's willing to listen. He has a very good reason for this which he explained & in his case I completely understand where he's coming from, let's just say a stalker who has made threats but the police say the guy's harmless & they can't/won't do anything about it, yet
    Jesus is Lord !

(Bucks County)

Default Re: response from local rep.

Quote Originally Posted by steelerfan View Post
    I've been sending out emails on a daily basis to all my elected officials, depending on whether it's within their jurisdiction, I've received many email canned responses from them & even a personnal one from Mike Fitzpatrick, but yesterday I got a phone call from my local state rep. Frank Farry in response to my emails to him, he spent almost 20 mins on the phone with me & he assured me he fully supports the 2nd amendment & will vote against anything that comes up in the state of PA to infringe on it, the only thing he supports is having people with mental problems checked out professionally before being allowed to make a firearm purchase & if they need to be on meds that there should be a way to make sure they take them in order to keep firearms, he admits this isn't a perfect solution as it infringes on personnel freedoms but if someone has a better idea he's willing to listen. He has a very good reason for this which he explained & in his case I completely understand where he's coming from, let's just say a stalker who has made threats but the police say the guy's harmless & they can't/won't do anything about it, yet
    Coming from NJ, that is exactly the vague language they use... it could mean someone that was sad or depressed 10 years or someone that believes in God. Whom and which "mental heath consultant" would approve of the purchase? Who puts that person in that position? What is their stance on guns? Do you think they'll clear someone in fear of someone committing a crime then it falls on their shoulders? What if someone is on Diazapan (Valium) or Anti-Depression medicine because they have muscle spasms? Would they be denied and need to be evaluated?

Even the Pro-2A politicians and supporters are buying into this..remember, crazies get guns. They'll find a way. According to the "Wright-Rossi" survey, 87% of criminals get their guns illegally and quickly. These laws, provisions, whatever do nothing but take guns away from honest citizens.

BTW, thanks for calling and taking the time to let these guys know "we're watching them".
    "I prefer dangerous freedom over peaceful slavery." Thomas Jefferson

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by mikelets456 View Post
    Even the Pro-2A politicians and supporters are buying into this..remember, crazies get guns. They'll find a way. According to the "Wright-Rossi" survey, 87% of criminals get their guns illegally and quickly. These laws, provisions, whatever do nothing but take guns away from honest citizens.

BTW, thanks for calling and taking the time to let these guys know "we're watching them".
    For a long time now the battle has been based on language - Just like the novel '1984' predicted - which was based on the propaganda and agenda that was already prevalent in the Soviet countries...

As long as the terms "shall not be infringed" and "shall not be questioned" are too difficult to understand, there will continue to be assaults on all of our Rights by any means available --- especially the redefinition of words to accommodate the gun-grabbing-power-hungry-do-as-I-say-not-as-I-do desires of the 'elite minds' in governmental positions of 'authority'...

They are no longer 'public servants' --- but we have become 'governmental slaves'...

Support the Constitutional Carry legislation (HB671) now in committee...

(Bucks County)

Default Re: response from local rep..

As I mentioned he is being stalked & threatened by a mentally unstable person, so that's where he's coming from. He said he doesn't think someone being treated for mental health issues shouldn't have guns, but did say they need to stay on their meds in order to keep them. He said he believes the
    2nd amendment to be what it says & our rights should not be infringed upon, it should not be altered with exception to semi-auto, etc. He said nothing to me that sends up a red flag, I've met & talked with him several times before, he is not 'one of those politicians". He stands by our rights & only has reservations about truly unstable people (like his stalker, who has threatened to kill him) being able to own firearms, he says not all people with mental problems should be exempt from owning, just the dangerous ones. I've spent enough time talking to him & getting to know him over the past several years that I do trust him to keep his word
    Jesus is Lord !

(York County)

He said he believes the 2nd amendment to be what it says & our rights should not be infringed upon, it should not be altered with exception to semi-auto, etc. He said nothing to me that sends up a red flag, I've met & talked with him several times before, he is not 'one of those politicians". He stands by our rights & only has reservations about truly unstable people (like his stalker, who has threatened to kill him) being able to own firearms, he says not all people with mental problems should be exempt from owning, just the dangerous ones. I've spent enough time talking to him & getting to know him over the past several years that I do trust him to keep his word
    I don't see his name on the Co-Sponsor list of HB671 - Constitutional Carry --- Could you contact this believer in the 2nd Amendment and ask politely for him to put his actions where his words are ---- Ask him to Co-Sponsor HB671...

(Bucks County)

Shall not be infringed is the only appropriate response.

All the kumbaya, I'm saving the world gobblygook, isn't protecting anyone.

Violent criminals should be in jail....end of story. Most of the killings are in fact done by repeaters, not guns, criminals !
    Its easier to fool people than to convince them they've been fooled....Mark Twain

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post
    I don't see his name on the Co-Sponsor list of HB671 - Constitutional Carry --- Could you contact this believer in the 2nd Amendment and ask politely for him to put his actions where his words are ---- Ask him to Co-Sponsor HB671...

I sure will ! In fact I'll be seeing him tonight since he's the speaker at our local Tea Party meeting
    If you're interested in attending it's at Erwins' Country Kitchen 4059 Brownsville Rd Trevose Pa, they start arriving at 5:30-6:00 to socialize & have dinner if you want something to eat, then the actual meeting starts at 7PM. Any of you are welcome to attend & ask questions, I believe there will be another speaker as well but don't remember who that is. Last month we had reps from Concerned Gun Owners of Bucks Co. & Americans For Prosperity
    Last edited by steelerfan; April 3rd, 2013 at 05:03 PM.
    Jesus is Lord !

(York County)

Quote Originally Posted by ImminentDanger View Post

I sure will ! In fact I'll be seeing him tonight since he's the speaker at our local Tea Party meeting.
    Thanks Steeler Fan for following through with this (I saw your post in the CC thread) - Check back in a week if you don't hear anything further...

We really need to make a concerted effort to get the Constitutional Carry legislation passed to lay a basis for protecting all of our Rights -- and every co-sponsor is beneficial....

Thanks again,
    ID

(Bucks County)

As I mentioned he is being stalked & threatened by a mentally unstable person, so that's where he's coming from. He said he doesn't think someone being treated for mental health issues shouldn't have guns, but did say they need to stay on their meds in order to keep them. He said he believes the
    2nd amendment to be what it says & our rights should not be infringed upon, it should not be altered with exception to semi-auto, etc. He said nothing to me that sends up a red flag, I've met & talked with him several times before, he is not 'one of those politicians". He stands by our rights & only has reservations about truly unstable people (like his stalker, who has threatened to kill him) being able to own firearms, he says not all people with mental problems should be exempt from owning, just the dangerous ones. I've spent enough time talking to him & getting to know him over the past several years that I do trust him to keep his word
    looks like a red flag to me

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by Smiggles View Post
    looks like a red flag to me
    Sorry, I worded that wrong, I should have wrote should not be altered including semi-auto's & I'm hoping that he doesn't bow to pressure from others on that
    Jesus is Lord !