Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234
    (Delaware County)

Default Re: Discharging a Firearm

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    As I understand it, Clifton Heights is a separate municipal corporation (borough) and is not part of Upper Darby Township (another municipal corporation) to which it is adjacent.
    Quote Originally Posted by soberbyker View Post
    This would be correct, two separate municipal governments. The only thing the two have in common is the school district.

That said, are you sure which one you live in, Upper Darby practically surrounds Clifton and the border isn't always clear. Who picks up your trash?
    Thanks for the info guys. I have actualy been checking it out for myself. I now know that CH is not part of UDT. Like I said I was confused because I was always a city boy and had no idea about townships and bouroughs. I knew I was in UD school district and someone told me I was also a part of UDT. I usualy check things out for myself when I have a question like this but I was confident in the persons knowledge.
    I am in Clifton Heights for sure. I am actualy across the street from the firehouse and around the corner from the police station. Well now I know.
    I think I will build a bullet trap and shoot .22s in my yard with my daugter.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Chester County)

This would be correct, two separate municipal governments. The only thing the two have in common is the school district.

That said, are you (mpan72) sure which one you live in, Upper Darby practically surrounds Clifton and the border isn't always clear. Who picks up your trash?
    Easiest way to determine place of residence - which municipal corporate officials are on your election ballot.
    IANAL

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    Thanks for the info guys. I have actualy been checking it out for myself. I now know that CH is not part of UDT. Like I said I was confused because I was always a city boy and had no idea about townships and bouroughs. I knew I was in UD school district and someone told me I was also a part of UDT. I usualy check things out for myself when I have a question like this but I was confident in the persons knowledge.
    I am in Clifton Heights for sure. I am actualy across the street from the firehouse and around the corner from the police station. Well now I know.
    I think I will build a bullet trap and shoot .22s in my yard with my daugter.
    The simplest way to describe the two in this area, in a borough everywhere within it's boundaries is known by the borough name, No matter where you are in Clifton Heights, it's called Clifton Heights, same with Aldan, another nearby borough.

Townships are made up of a lot of differently named communities, for instance, nearby you in Upper Darby Township you have Westbrook Park, Primos, Secane, Penn Pines, as well as many many more sections that make up the township.

Quote Originally Posted by tl_3237 View Post
    Easiest way to determine place of residence - which municipal corporate officials are on your election ballot.
    Outside of election time/year I'd wager there are a lot of folks who couldn't tell you who they are. That's why I asked what name is on the trash truck, Clifton and Upper Darby have municipal owned pick-up and the borough/township name is on the respective trucks. Another way is which police patrol your street, at least in this part of DELCO, where each little town has it's own PD, around 40 of them.

A lot folks around here get confused because of their postal address. Postal addresses and municipal governmental services don't always match up. I live in Upper Darby Township, my postal address is Lansdowne, I don't live in the borough of Lansdowne. Funny, the actual location of the Lansdowne post office is in Upper Darby Township.

(Delaware County)

The simplest way to describe the two in this area, in a borough everywhere within it's boundaries is known by the borough name, No matter where you are in Clifton Heights, it's called Clifton Heights, same with Aldan, another nearby borough.

Townships are made up of a lot of differently named communities, for instance, nearby you in Upper Darby Township you have Westbrook Park, Primos, Secane, Penn Pines, as well as many many more sections that make up the township.

Outside of election time/year I'd wager there are a lot of folks who couldn't tell you who they are. That's why I asked what name is on the trash truck, Clifton and Upper Darby have municipal owned pick-up and the borough/township name is on the respective trucks. Another way is which police patrol your street, at least in this part of DELCO, where each little town has it's own PD, around 40 of them.

A lot folks around here get confused because of their postal address. Postal addresses and municipal governmental services don't always match up. I live in Upper Darby Township, my postal address is Lansdowne, I don't live in the borough of Lansdowne. Funny, the actual location of the Lansdowne post office is in Upper Darby Township.
    I thought I was a part of both. I knew UD Township was made up of smaller parts I just thought Clifton Heighs was one of those parts. I now know it is not. My pd is the Clifton Heights police department. Trust me I know that all to well.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by mpan72 View Post
    I thought I was a part of both. I knew UD Township was made up of smaller parts I just thought Clifton Heighs was one of those parts. I now know it is not. My pd is the Clifton Heights police department. Trust me I know that all to well.
    There's the answer, if Clifton was part of Upper Darby, Upper Darby would be your police department. Again, in our part of the county it's easy to tell in that manner, in western DELCO the PSP patrols 7 towns and that distinction wouldn't be as easy to determine.

Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234