Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Sheriff

(Tioga County)

Default Sheriff

I'm endorsing Paul Watkins for Sheriff
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

Default Re: Sheriff

I've been waiting to learn more about him. Have you spoken with him about his platform or do you know him personally? I have sent him an email inviting him to coffee cause he seems open to that.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by nitechampion View Post
    I've been waiting to learn more about him. Have you spoken with him about his platform or do you know him personally? I have sent him an email inviting him to coffee cause he seems open to that.

OK for starters He Will sign off on ATF forms 1 and 4. He went into his speach about the 2nd. Can't quote it but he seemed to be strong there.

I ask if he would issue LTCF to out of staters IAW the law he said yes and stated your 2nd rights don't stop at the state border.

As you know Tom won't do either of those things. As you know saying your a strong supporter of the 2nd and getting specific about it are two different things
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

you are correct about tom young.

(Tioga County)

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by nitechampion View Post
    you are correct about tom young.
    Yes I know. My GF god rest her soul baby sat him when he was young and she knew the family well I voted for him when he assured me he was a strong 2nd amendment supporter. I would say that statement lacked veracity. which reminds me of that old expression. "how can you tell when a politician is lying? When their lips are moving."
    USNRET '61-'81

(Tioga County)

Yes, there seems to be some local dissatisfaction with the current sheriff, to the point some that very vocally supported him to get him into office are not too happy right now. So I hear. I haven't gotten a lot of details yet, but I do know that he will not issue LTCF permits to any out of staters and he will not sign off on any NFA forms.

The LTCF ruling I understand is not one he can make, yet he has not been challenged on it. One thing to remember is that quite a few people have cabins, holiday homes and permanently parked RV's up here and some are from out of state, so it's not like just random people turning up to grab a PA LTCF just for the heck of it.

One thing I can say is I don't know exactly what the sheriff department here does, except maybe run the jail, provide security for the courthouse and serve some warrants. I never see them patrolling and usually the patrol cars are stacked up at the courthouse. In other counties I have lived in down south and out west, the county sheriff deputies seemed very proactive and visible in local law enforcement and I don't see any of that here.

(Tioga County)

Quote Originally Posted by wanneroo View Post
    Yes, there seems to be some local dissatisfaction with the current sheriff, to the point some that very vocally supported him to get him into office are not too happy right now. So I hear. I haven't gotten a lot of details yet, but I do know that he will not issue LTCF permits to any out of staters and he will not sign off on any NFA forms.

The LTCF ruling I understand is not one he can make, yet he has not been challenged on it. One thing to remember is that quite a few people have cabins, holiday homes and permanently parked RV's up here and some are from out of state, so it's not like just random people turning up to grab a PA LTCF just for the heck of it.

One thing I can say is I don't know exactly what the sheriff department here does, except maybe run the jail, provide security for the courthouse and serve some warrants. I never see them patrolling and usually the patrol cars are stacked up at the courthouse. In other counties I have lived in down south and out west, the county sheriff deputies seemed very proactive and visible in local law enforcement and I don't see any of that here.
    You have it about right the sheriffs in PA don't have full arrest powers. there has in the past some discussion as to if they are covered under the leosa act
    I don't know how that turned out.
    USNRET '61-'81

I wish you luck in electing a sheriff that supports the 2A more than the popular meaning of the words.
    FUCK BIDEN

(Tioga County)

i am also endorsing Paul Watkins for sheriff. the current sheriff needs to be sent on his way.he's not pro gun and claimed to be an NRA life member,but i don't see it in his actions.i have talked to Paul Watkins about firearms issues,and i believe he will be the better man for sheriff.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast