Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Bucks County)

Default Rendell and Toomey will put pressure on Toomey this Week

Rendell just said he and Nutter will meet with Toomey tomorrow and make a personal request for Toomey to vote against the Senate Filibuster and bring the gun control bill to a vote. They think they have a good chance of getting his Committment!!!!! Send emails and call Toomry Tonight and Tomorrow!!!

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Rendell and Toomey will put pressure on Toomey this Week

Nutter, as in Mayor Nutter of Philadelphia?

I'll be doing my part. I have been defending Toomey a lot lately, this will show if he is worthy of the effort.

(Chester County)

If Toomey caves, I am going to be really upset. I've been receiving wishy washy responses from him on the letters I have sent regarding 2A. These guys love to appease everyone which typically means we get screwed.

What these guys don't understand, and this is the problem with living in a commonwealth, in a federal system, in a nation of heterogeneous religions, cultures, races: that what is or might be good for some, is horrible for the rest, then it's just a contest of who gets the most votes first.

Gun control is a good idea for Philadelphia, and for Mayor Nutter in particular. Cities are hamstrung by their friends in California and the South, who have forced so much civil rights down our throats that legitimate criminals never do serious time for most of the crimes they commit, and most crimes don't even get investigated. So, a city like Philadelphia can't do anything realistic about their gun violence problem. Does my town out here in Montgomery county have a gun violence problem? No. We have a women falling down stairs problem, apparently, you know, the white girlfriends of city folk have inordinate numbers of accidents with staircases in my town. But, no serious gun violence problems. So, we end up with the solutions to Philadelphia's problems, when no such problem exists here.

Just like the environmental laws that drove all manufacturing out of our country, and our state in particular. Certain states, certain cities, certain bad companies, were problems. So, since no one has the balls to go after companies and cities and states that were problems, we collectively get ridiculous expensive laws and bureaucracy.

So here we are, or at least I am, out here in the country, facing laws that will make me a felon because some dickhead in the city can't resist robbing a grocery store. So, am I surprised that Mayor Nutter and former Mayor Rendell are all aboard the gun control? No. Look who is vocally FOR gun control. They are all involved in city folk problems. Problems that could be solved by one person standing up to the black/ACLU/SPLC mafia, and saying enough is enough, and starting to hang people for the crimes they commit. Make it clear that we prosecute, we execute. If you do the crime, you will do the time, and more than likely it will be your last sentence, because you'll end it swinging from a tree. See how quickly crime rates plummet when it becomes clear that we execute murderers, we execute once your sentences exceed 50 years, we sentence everything to the max, we prosecute every committed crime, we investigate every crime. Cities like Philly and Chicago wouldn't know anything about that. So their solution is to pass laws that make things illegal that they know they won't bother implementing anyway.

F Nutter and F Rendell

(Lancaster County)

Confusing thread title is confusing.
    Rules are written in the stone,
    Break the rules and you get no bones,
    all you get is ridicule, laughter,
    and a trip to the house of pain.

(Delaware County)

^ agreed. Here I am thinking that Mayor Michael Nutter is supporting 2A. I'm super confused.

(Bucks County)

Quote Originally Posted by streaker69 View Post
    Confusing thread title is confusing.
    Whoops, should be: Rendell and Nutter will put pressure on Toomey

(Westmoreland County)

What are they going to do?

Toss him out of the Democratic Party?

Run someone "stronger" than Slestak next time?

Call him a "baby killer" (How many anti-gun Pro-Lifers do you all know out there?)

Oh, I know.... they're gonna black mail him. Maybe Fast Eddie has some photos of him with that Pedophile ring that was running out of Philly before Gerry Sandusky got busted?

Kind of doubt it. Pat doesn't strike me that way. On the other hand, I'm not so sure about Rendell. There wasn't a lot of pressure to "take down" Sandusky while Rendel was Governor, was there? While I doubt that Mr. Rendell is a perv I'm not so sure that he was not covering up for some friends from the city of "Brotherly Love".

We need to encourage Mr. Toomey to stand tough. Against what I'm not sure.

(Allegheny County)

My e-mail message sent to Toomy tonight:

Sir, I understand you are getting pressure to change your views on gun control. I ask that you Stand for the Constitution and the people and against Bloomburg/Obama and others. Gun Control will do NOTHING to stop crime and will only give the streets to the criminals. Universal background checks will do NOTHING to stop crime. Putting criminals in prison is the only way to keep career criminals off the street. JOBS and improving the economy will better our lives more than Democrat agenda. Stand firm. I am confident Casey will get his walking papers in the next election. He sold out. Be our voice of reason. Don't give in to agenda and useless feel good measures. With out the ability to defend ourselves, the rest of the Constitution is just a piece of paper. I hope to continue to support you and the fine work you are doing.
    Last edited by Mush; April 4th, 2013 at 10:03 PM. Reason: Added that this was an e-mail.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast