Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: Which date works best for you?

Voters
22. You may not vote on this poll
  • May 4th

5 22.73%
  • May 5th

3 13.64%
  • May 18th

6 27.27%
  • May 19th

8 36.36%
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Philadelphia OC Rally - RSVP at the link

Since I screwed up this poll, and in light of Mayor Nutter's ILLEGAL ordinance that specifically prohibits LTCF holders from carrying firearms in public parks, and the fact that there is a Save The 2nd rally taking place on May 25th at noon, here's my proposal.

We gather on May 25th, at 10am, rain or shine. Love Park, Logan Square, hell, in front of the Philadelphia Art Museum. And we march our way down to Independence Park for the noon rally. We bring signs, we make ourselves heard, and we let Mayor Nutter know that we will not tolerate being singled out and made into criminals just because he has no idea what he's doing with gun laws.

I'm starting a new, better looking and official thread, right here: http://forum.pafoa.org/philadelphia-...th-2013-a.html

I'd like to organize an Open Carry Picnic Rally in Franklin Delano Roosevelt Park in May. Preferably, May 4th, 5th, 18th or 19th, and I was thinking about going from 11:00a to 1:00p.

Let's brainstorm and work together on this together to make this an awesome event! I can make a trip to BJ's and bring catering packages for sandwiches, or even meat for a grillout if someone wants to bring their grill.

Who will come out to this? Which date works best for you? What can you do to contribute to the event (print up fyers, make banners or signs, make a financial contribution, cook, etc)?

Vote in the poll for your preferred date, and post in this thread if you have a way to help!
    Last edited by ViperGTS19801; April 5th, 2013 at 09:59 AM.

(Delaware County)

Default Re: Philadelphia OC Picnic Rally Suggestion Thread

Damnit, I meant to make the poll be able to select multiple choices. Can an admin please change the poll type so it can allow multiple choice? Pleeeease?

(Philadelphia County)

I'm okay with anything EXCEPT the 5th of May. Can't miss Mom's birthday and she didn't get her LTCF back yet.

I'm good with any weekend, I can also pick up some food or make something
    Nra, SAF, NJ2AS, GOA member

(Philadelphia County)

Viper, both of those weekends (assuming by design) are Phils home games. Sat the 4th is the only night game; the other days are afternoon games. I think that will be good exposure because of the crowds.

One thing I would like to bring up is that I believe they charge for parking when there are Phils games; so it may be a small pain to enter the park and having to convince the attendant that you are not going to the game and thus should not pay. I don't think it will be an issue, but want to make people aware ahead of time. Maybe we can give the attendants a heads up that there will be cars coming in that are not parking or tailgating for Phils.

Lastly (not really), I can bring a Weber charcoal grill, it is not the biggest grill in the world but depending on turn out it may suffice, and I would be happy to supply some dogs, burgers, buns etc...

I voted for May 4th, but either 4th or 5th works.

Lastly (really), thank you, Viper, for taking the lead and stepping up on this. I look forward to meeting some fellow forum members.

(Lehigh County)

I will hold off voting until it's a multiple selection post.

Anything but the fifth works, it's my son's birthday.

I'm sure I can print off some flyers.

(Philadelphia County)

I'm down for any of those days.

Great idea.

(Delaware County)

May be I missed it, but would we need to get a "picnic" permit (or something to that effect) to have a large gathering in a park with BBQs?

However its done, I'm in.

(Tioga County)

Either Sunday works for me as I work Saturdays. 19th is my choice.
    MikeP

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by PhillyVet View Post
    May be I missed it, but would we need to get a "picnic" permit (or something to that effect) to have a large gathering in a park with BBQs?

However its done, I'm in.

Technically you are supposed to have a permit for picnics. Practically speaking, almost no one does this but they might decide to throw you out for not having one (or revoke a permit if they find out what it's for).

http://www.phila.gov/ParksandRecreat...sandForms.aspx

Because of the way FDR is set up, you probably won't garner a whole lot interest from passerby without signs, etc. Picnic sites are set back from the drive and the foot traffic isn't very impressive except for big football games. It sounds like a fun time but for if you're more concerned about political awareness you might want to call the news ahead of time - or rally somewhere in center city like Love or Rittenhouse.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast