5 members of LPRGC met with Rep Meehan and 2 members of his staff today to review our concerns with his co-sponsoring of the "straw purchase" legislation, background checks, registration=confiscation, standard capacity mags and semi-auto rifles.

He was meeting with an Anti-group right before us - I think I recognized some of the folks from "Heeding Gods Call", so I'm glad we could get face time with him.

The congressman listened to our concerns and we were pleased that he acknowledged that there are many unintended consequences to the laws that are proposed that will infringe on the law abding without affecting criminals.

On the topic of registration=confiscation, the Congressman seemes shocked when I told hm about how local PD's utilize the State Polcie purchase database as a de-facto registration database and routinely confiscate firearms if the person in possession of the firearm is not the person in their database. And that even though the Supreme Court ruled that the Statie's cant do this - no one if making them stop.

The congressman is a gun owner and we invited him to bring his Kimber .45 out to LPRGC to shoot anytime.

I encourage all other 2nd amendment activists to hold similar meetings with our federal and state elected officials.