Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default MAIG ads in NEPA

So, I am spending easter in NEPA and have seen those MAIG ads on TV, heard them on the radio, and seen gun control discussed constantly on the news.

Headings like '3 months since Sandy Hook', etc are everywhere in a blatant attempt to keep the story relevant, but instead of focusing on AWB, now universal background checks is the hot topic of the day. The incorrect 40% is being thrown about a lot, and I lost it a bit over breakfast in a restaurant when it was on TV and called it a lie, even the waitress knew it was an old and incorrect number.

There is a major push to not lose face by the anti-gunners now it seems, and a cornered animal is dangerous. So let's not think we won.

What does the rest of the state look like when turning your TV or radio to channels other than fox?

(Wayne County)

Default Re: MAIG ads in NEPA

Same ads up in Scranton area. 12 million of bloombergers money goes along ways. I wonder if all the NBC, CBS and ABC affiliates are giving him a break on the price of air time to push the agenda. Been seeing people coming out against bloomgerger also, their starting to catch on to his elites I'm the king BS.

(Westmoreland County)

Seen the bs ad with the actor holding a shotgun in an unsafe manner here around pittsburgh. What a crock.

(Bucks County)

Have seen numerous Anti ads on every channel but fox, Have gotten 2 robocalls from the anti's and have not seen even one NRA ad.

(Montgomery County)

television? oh, that square thing my old man watches? weird it doesnt have a keyboard.

actually, i've seen those ads on youtube; they are more condescending than anything. Almost prejudice, stereotypical, and racist, if you would go that far.

a decent gun owner could see right thru the bs. (thankfully)

Quote Originally Posted by Thomas Paine View Post
    television? oh, that square thing my old man watches? weird it doesnt have a keyboard.

actually, i've seen those ads on youtube; they are more condescending than anything. Almost prejudice, stereotypical, and racist, if you would go that far.

a decent gun owner could see right thru the bs. (thankfully)
    I agree, unfortunately they are aimed at people who are not informed about guns and think every gun owner is like that guy sitting in the back of his truck with his finger on the trigger.

Its meant to both misinform the masses and to attempt to sway those (thankfully fewer and fewer) who match the description of that guy.

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    So, I am spending easter in NEPA and have seen those MAIG ads on TV, heard them on the radio, and seen gun control discussed constantly on the news.

Headings like '3 months since Sandy Hook', etc are everywhere in a blatant attempt to keep the story relevant, but instead of focusing on AWB, now universal background checks is the hot topic of the day. The incorrect 40% is being thrown about a lot, and I lost it a bit over breakfast in a restaurant when it was on TV and called it a lie, even the waitress knew it was an old and incorrect number.

There is a major push to not lose face by the anti-gunners now it seems, and a cornered animal is dangerous. So let's not think we won.

What does the rest of the state look like when turning your TV or radio to channels other than fox?
    What is the correct statistic?
    Practicing free speech outside of the designated free speech zones.

I would say the correct statistic is impossible to know since private firearms transfers are not registered.

However since the 40% statistic was from before the current check system was in place it would only be valid by a complete windfall of chance?

Also this number only tries to take into account current legal gun transfers, not illegal transfers between a straw purchaser and another criminal, or between other types of criminals.

Hence, to me, its at best an unknowable number or at worst an artificial attempt at an inflated or uninformed number. Both makes it a lie to me.

(Allegheny County)

They play the shit out of that commercial here in Pittsburgh every evening during the local news.
    I called to check my ZIP CODE!....DY-NO-MITE!!!

(Chester County)

So why no NRA commercials?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast