Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
    (Luzerne County)

Default CZ75BD Police hitting off target, what options now

I have a brand new CZ75BD Police 9mm that is consistently hitting about three inches high and left. I am a fairly experienced pistol shooter having a few guns in various calibers and shoot fairly often.

I have never had a gun that wasn't accurate out of the box. It has fixed sights so that is not an option. At 29 yards it is off about three inches, at 10 yards it is off maybe an inch but still high and left. I had others shoot it as well and the same thing occurs.

Any advice? Could it be a barrel issue?

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: CZ75BD Police hitting off target, what options now

never seen a 75 that had a fixed rear sight. I,m sure you can drift it for windage. taller front sight would take care of the elevation issue.

(Northampton County)

I highly doubt its a barrel issue. I collect and customize CZ's if you have some time on a Saturday or a Sunday and can come down to Easton we can go to the range and do a little testing an see what your issue is. If it truly shoots to the left, it can be milled for a novak rear adjustable sight or simply remove your existing rear and add an LPA adjustable rear which requires no milling. Is this a new pistol?
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor

(Chester County)

Let somebody else shoot it that is used to CZ's, and/or bench rest it before you change the sights. What weight bullets are you using? These do have "fixed sights" but they are drift adjustable with a sight pusher for windage.

If you can't dial it in, call CZ, and then send them the gun. They will make it right. You may just be able to send the slide.

http://www.cz-usa.com/warranty/

(Clearfield County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brudog View Post
    I have a brand new CZ75BD Police 9mm that is consistently hitting about three inches high and left. I am a fairly experienced pistol shooter having a few guns in various calibers and shoot fairly often.

I have never had a gun that wasn't accurate out of the box. It has fixed sights so that is not an option. At 29 yards it is off about three inches, at 10 yards it is off maybe an inch but still high and left. I had others shoot it as well and the same thing occurs.

Any advice? Could it be a barrel issue?
    If the pistol is at fault, you should be able to see it in a gun shooting 3 inches off target. If you look at the location of the rear sight in the dovetail, it should be in the middle of the slide. A pistol shooting left will have the sight LEFT of center. You can also measure the center of the rear sight notch to verify the sight is centered on the slide. If the sight is off, you can use a sight pusher or use a nylon drift and mallet to get it centered. To get impact down, the front sight must be taller or lower the rear sight; neither is easy to do on a fixed sight gun.

If you are certain it is not shooter error, try at least one other weight and brand of 9mm ammo. See if it strikes the same point. If the problem still exists, I would contact CZ. Hope this helps and good luck.

(Perry County)

You are getting good advice here. Assuming that it isn ot the shooter, verify with other and use a bench and sand bag and at least two good shooters. Try ammo as mentioned above, not likely but some ammo just doesn't shoot well in some guns (I have 4 CZ 75s and 85s and have never experienced this with a CZ but...

Now if it isn't the shooter or the ammo look to the pistol. As mentioned above 3" at 19 yds is pretty significant and you should be able to see it. Is the front sight in the slide strait, it slides into a dove tail from the front and is held in place with a roll pin, correct? Is the sight bent to one side or the other, is the dovetail crooked, etc? The rear sight, on my newest 75 (I don't have a 75B anymore) is simply drift adjustable in a dove tail. I shouldn't comment on your 75B rear sight but I think I remember they have a screw to hold them in place?

In any case if this is a new gun I would simply check to see it was the gun and then not fix it but rather, send it to CZ, they are a quality manufacturer and should make the gun right. these are excellent pistols, accurate and well made, congratulations and it is definitely worth getting this one to shoot right as you will love it when it does.

(Philadelphia County)

The police shoot off target? I think that's normal...

(Luzerne County)

So far two people have shot the gun with the same results. Just to make sure it is not me I will take the gun to the range one more time when I have a chance. I have shot it off of a rest from a bench to make sure but it was still off.

I was shooting reloads up to now. Next time I will try some factory loads to make sure it is not an ammo problem. Seems odd though since my old P85 shoots anything why should this be picky. Plus it is extremely repeatable just not on target. At 20 yards I was shooting two inch groups, just two to three inches high and left.

The gun looks straight, sights look centered, gun is brand new. I was kind of puzzled. If it continues to shoot off target I think I will send it back. I like the idea of putting adjustable sights on it.

I have shot everything from revolvers to low end Kel Tecs to 1911s with no issues and have always been on target over the last 25 years. This is my first pistol that was off target. Especially disappointing when they are supposed to be so accurate.

(Luzerne County)

Quote Originally Posted by Brian Ahearn View Post
    I highly doubt its a barrel issue. I collect and customize CZ's if you have some time on a Saturday or a Sunday and can come down to Easton we can go to the range and do a little testing an see what your issue is. If it truly shoots to the left, it can be milled for a novak rear adjustable sight or simply remove your existing rear and add an LPA adjustable rear which requires no milling. Is this a new pistol?
    If it doesn't seem to straighten out or if I don't discover it is suddenly me shooting off target I will take you up on that. It is a brand new pistol. I only fired about 150 founds through it so far.

(Northampton County)

Brand new Cz are know for gritty trigger pulls that clean up as round count increases how does your trigger feel at this point ? I have Decockers and standard Da /Sa Cz's there is a distinct trigger feel on both models-they are different in how they pull and break - you may not be used to the trigger pull on the decock model . Dry fire the pistol in single action mode and watch which way the front of the pistol points toward as you are squeezing the trigger- you may be pushing the shot left and not even noticing that you are doing so. Let me know, I have not had a cz yet that was not a dead on target shooter.
    www.EastonFirearmsRefinishing.com Owner/Operator, NRA Pistol Instructor