Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    (Delaware County)

Default Philadelphia homeowner defends his family and kills a burgler

Check this out.. Two men broke into this mans home to burglerize his 1st floor jewelry store..

First Article

Second Article

Default Re: Philadelphia homeowner defends his family and kills a burgler

those articles are full of liberal bias and undertones that maybe the victim did something wrong. note here that the victim isnt the dead guy or the other one who got away.
    Montani Semper Liberi

To be fair I think both articles were pretty (even uncharacteristically) neutral in the matter, simply mentioning the home owner will not be charged. I don't think this is the same as implying the victim did anything wrong, but I do think if there was any doubt it would be investigated and the man charged.

As it stands its a good thing they mentioned this, it will teach people who think you will be charged for defending yourself that it isn't the case. YMMV.

(Delaware County)

"Police continue to search for the second suspect. Officials say Heng will not be charged because he has a right to carry a gun inside his home even though he doesn't have a permit.

In Pennsylvania, a person can be found justified to use force against someone who has broken into their home under the so-called “Castle Doctrine” that was amended in 2011."

Quotes from the first article. Kind of a liberal spin there.

The second srticle seems a bit more neutral. To be honest they both seemed a less tainted than what I have been reading the last several months.
    Some people just plain suck.
    If you're gonna be dumb ya gotta be tough.

Quote Originally Posted by vinlander View Post
    To be fair I think both articles were pretty (even uncharacteristically) neutral in the matter, simply mentioning the home owner will not be charged. I don't think this is the same as implying the victim did anything wrong, but I do think if there was any doubt it would be investigated and the man charged.

As it stands its a good thing they mentioned this, it will teach people who think you will be charged for defending yourself that it isn't the case. YMMV.
    "Officials say Heng will not be charged because he has a right to carry a gun inside his home even though he doesn't have a permit."

i guess i would just find it more productive if the media actually educated the public rather than plant this subliminal message that you need a permit to own a gun in PA.
    Montani Semper Liberi

(Juniata County)

Post in the article comment section, spreading the truth is important!. Spread the law!
    "Cives Arma Ferant"

"I know I'm not James Bond, that's why I don't keep a loaded gun under the pillow, or bang Russian spies on a regular basis." - GunLawyer001

(Philadelphia County)

Come on guys, I'm surprised no one caught this little gem from the NBC article:

In Pennsylvania, a person can be found justified to use force against someone who has broken into their home under the so-called “Castle Doctrine” that was amended in 2011.
    You might live in a messed up country when, The media goes out of there way to find the name of the man who had to defend his life but respect that dead criminal's family and doesn't release his name.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by RebelRaider5 View Post

You might live in a messed up country when, The media goes out of there way to find the name of the man who had to defend his life but respect that dead criminal's family and doesn't release his name.
    I guess it is because of that widely held notion that "one is innocent until proven guilty". So they withhold the suspects name, or maybe his relatives were not notified.

(Philadelphia County)

Quote Originally Posted by Carson View Post
    I guess it is because of that widely held notion that "one is innocent until proven guilty". So they withhold the suspects name, or maybe his relatives were not notified.
    Then the home owner is also innocent, So why release his name? It pisses because this thug's relatives will probably be on the local liberal news station saying with tears in there eyes "My little Bill was a nice young man. He just needed some money". Then they portray the homeowner who was protecting his home, family, and business as a someone who walked up and shot this burglar in cold blood.

Also no matter what the outcome of this case is, Who wants to bet this home owner will never be able to get a LTCF threw Phila with out a lawyer.

(Philadelphia County)

Lightbulb Re: Philadelphia homeowner defends his family and kills a burgler

Ive heard that if someone is breaking into your home, and you shoot him in self defense. That it is best to shoot to kill, because if you injure him, he can sue you. And also, you can only fire a weapon if the burglar is armed. Is this true??

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast