Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association

View Poll Results: How should I reward myself?

Voters
41. You may not vote on this poll
  • NAA Guardian .380

4 9.76%
  • Kahr P380

5 12.20%
  • Crimson Trace Lasergrips for Kahr MK9

3 7.32%
  • iPhone

2 4.88%
  • iPod Touch

0 0%
  • xBox 360

2 4.88%
  • Nintendo Wii

4 9.76%
  • new computer

8 19.51%
  • Other (please specify)

13 31.71%
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Question How should I reward myself?

Okay, so next month I'm going to be making the last payment on what not so long ago was an insane amount of consumer and auto loan debt. Since this'll be coinciding with (hopefully) my "stimulus" package from Uncle Sam, I feel there's no better way to reward myself than going out and spending, spending, spending to my heart's content -- on at least one item, anyway.

So anyway, I'm asking your advice on what I should buy myself? Here are a couple of things I've been thinking of -- some firearms-related, some not. Other ideas welcome, although I'm trying not to go beyond $500.00.

1.) NAA Guardian .380.
    * Pros: very easy to pocket, supposed to be pretty reliable, would be nice to have another gun.
    * Cons: Trigger seemed a bit heavy for my tastes.

2.) Kahr P380
    * Pros: Easy to pocket, pretty light because polymer frame, hopefully will have same trigger pull of my MK9, would be nice to have another gun.
    * Cons: Not out until June, MSRP is pretty high, don't know about reliability yet.

3.) Crimson Trace lasergrips for my Kahr MK9
    * Pros: It's a "LASER". It's cool. May be useful training tool. Not that expensive.
    * Cons: Is a "LASER" really worthwhile? Any advice?

4.) iPhone
    * Pros: I would look WAY cool, would be nice to have Internet/video/audio access anywhere.
    * Cons: I already have a Blackberry, so why should I bother with another monthly payment?

5.) iPod Touch (the iPod that looks like an iPhone)
    * Pros: It's still way cool, and I don't have to bother with the monthly plans for phone service that I don't need.
    * Cons: Need WiFi access -- may have to pay for this? (Anyone know?)

6.) xBox 360
    * Pros: Great games, and there's a constant buzz on the Internet that Netflix will be using the xBox as a vehicle to stream movies into households.
    * Cons: Netflix talk has been going on for months without any confirmation; do I really need a game console that I'm going to waste time playing when I should be doing other stuff?

7.) Nintendo Wii
    * Pros: Great games.
    * Cons: No chance of Netflix here at all. And do I need to be playing more games?

8.) New computer: Either buy new computer off the shelf, or buy sufficient new parts (incl. motherboard, processor, and memory) to upgrade my existing system.

* Pros: my desktop is almost three years old and is maxxed out as is, going to need a new one eventually.
    * Cons: Desktop will probably be good enough for at least one more year (2.5GB RAM, AMD Athlon processor rated at 3.00Ghz), and the programs I use work just fine as it is.

Detroit (but Pittsburgh is always home), Michigan

Default Re: How should I reward myself?

What -- no one has an opinion?

Is it because I mentioned guns?

(Allegheny County)

I picked the Kahr so that way when you get it you can bring it out to a group shoot and I can try it

(Delaware County)

I picked XBOX 360 because ammo will be so expensive soon, the only shooting we'll be doing is in video games.
    In their hearts humans plan their course, but the LORD establishes their steps.

(Dauphin County)

I would wait on the iPhone... Walt Mossberg whos the tech analysis for the WSJ and one who usually has the inside information on anything apple..... said the iphone will be 3g in 60 days. So id wait on that. ipod touch ....why carry two devices....I would get a xbox 360 i love mine and there is a great selection o f games.... or go to the ps3...cheapest blu ray player out there plus it has wifi access plays video across a network, and plays games 399.00

(Chester County)

I have the Wii and it gets old after a while. I also have a XBOX (my second one) but I like it.

I have an iPhone and while it's getting better... it still needs more work.. I'd wait on the iPhone.

Do you have an HDTV? If you do then I would look at a PS3.. I just bought one last week just for the Blu-ray and I the playback is great and it cost the same amount as a cheap blu-ray player.

(Bucks County)

other - save it for a rainy day - never know when you might find something else you really wish you had the money for.......... you seem pretty set with what you have, lol.
    Retired LEO, FFL Holder

(Allegheny County)

(Philadelphia County)

Computer cause we all know how more RAM and more clock speed is fun. Plus you will get the most use out of it.

Otherwise laser sight grips because you can dryfire against a wall and see if your gun is jerking in one direction on the other. SHould help for dryfire practice to see where the gun is aiming at a distance.

(Cambria County)

Other: Take a firearms training course.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast