Is there any independent bait and tackle store left in Central Bucks County. I know of two that closed in the last year. One was due to illness.

This is a business opportunity for someone who is interested in fishing tackle, spooling reels, bait, etc. You won't get rich but you can make a buck if you keep your overhead low and give great service.

I'm too darn old to start another business before anyone suggests I do it. But, I've been there and done it and can speak from experience. The store that closed due to illness just opened for a few months and the owner's wife got seriously ill from what I understand.

I think there is a store or two over around upper 611 but I'm in Perkasie and don't feel like driving an hour round trip every time I need some bait. And, I still haven't found a place that will remove and re-spool reels. We used to do thousands of them this time of year and while the guys waited for it to be done they shopped. Put in a potbelly stove, free coffee, some chairs/stools, offer some education on things like fly tying, down riggers, or side planers and you'll have the beginnings of a business.

Anyway, if you know of someplace within 20 minutes of Perkasie that is using stealth marketing (so nobody knows they exist) please let me know.

Thanks.