Registration 8:30-9:30AM
    MANDATORY safety briefing 9:45AM
    Shooting starts at 10:00AM
    $10 per shooter

Guns needed:
    Center fire semi auto pistol or revolvers, no magnum cartridges
    Center fire semi auto magazine fed rifle, no larger than .308
    Pump or semi auto shotgun

*** Due to the current ammunition situation there will be an addition of a .22LR class. If you mix a .22LR with a larger caliber gun you will still be scored in the .22LR class. All regular rules still apply to this class ***

Ammo:
    Up to 100 rounds Pistol
    Up to 100 rounds Rifle
    Up to 25 rounds Shotgun, no larger than 7 shot.

4 stages. No slings. No major/minor. Scoring is time plus. A - 0 sec added. B - 0 sec added. C - 1 sec added. D - 3 sec added. Miss - 5 sec added. No shoot hit - 10 sec added.

Round count in magazines is limited to what the stage calls for.

Chamber flags are required for all long guns when not in use on the course. They sell them at the club for $2.50 a piece if you do not own any.

http://www.heidelbergsportsmensassociation.org

(Berks County)

Default Re: Heidelberg Sportsman’s Association Multi Gun Shoot

Hey man, I'm completely new to 3-gun and I'm really interested in trying it. Is this a noob friendly event? Secondly I don't own a shotgun and my friend who would come with me doesn't own a proper rifle. Any problem with us sharing?
    Please let me know.
    Thank you.

(Berks County)

This is the event for you if you are new as long as you can safely handle your firearm, just about everyone involved is a class act and will lend a hand however they can. There is no problems sharing firearms, just let them know at registration that you need to be with whoever your sharing with. Once you get with your squad let the range officer know you are sharing another shooters firearm so they can make sure your not back to back.

The round counts have been cut back due to the shortage of ammo we are dealing with. Someone generally posts the round count here once the stages are set. "it may not get posted until late Friday night now"

(Greene County)

Wish I didn't live on the other side of the state, sounds like fun!

(Berks County)

Thanks Triple S. Hope we can make it this time around.

(Montgomery County)

*RELOADERS BEWARE*
    If you plan to keep your own brass you better pick it up before it cools down or have a friend follow you with a fishing net. There is one guy that shoots there that is a real douche bag. He will litterally pick up your brass before your run is over. The best you can hope for is he is not on your squad. Before the day is over though he or his young son will visit your squad and pick up your brass. I expressed my concern and displeasure with a fellow shooter that is a club member and I would describe him as a second tier person at these shoots. This guy told me that he personally hates him and talked to the club officers in charge and no one has a backbone to do anything about this guy. He also said that he always dicks around and is never ready to shoot he shows up late to enter and he is just a real pain in the ass to have on your squad. He also stated the worst part of it is this guy re-sells the brass. This guy also jokingly told me that the club members draw staws each shoot to see whos squad this guy get put on. I also have talked with other shooters that I have met over the past two years that have stopped coming to the shoot because of this one individual. One fellow shooter told me of a time when this guys young son litterally was try to take the brass out of his hand. ITS A REAL SHAME THAT NO ONE WILL ADDRESS THIS GUY!
    Sorry for being long winded but I just had a real bad run in with this guy last fall and have trouble coming back. All in all its a great shoot only cost $10 and the church ladys $5 hot lunch cant be beat.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by GLOCK 357 View Post
    *RELOADERS BEWARE*
    If you plan to keep your own brass you better pick it up before it cools down or have a friend follow you with a fishing net. There is one guy that shoots there that is a real douche bag. He will litterally pick up your brass before your run is over. The best you can hope for is he is not on your squad. Before the day is over though he or his young son will visit your squad and pick up your brass. I expressed my concern and displeasure with a fellow shooter that is a club member and I would describe him as a second tier person at these shoots. This guy told me that he personally hates him and talked to the club officers in charge and no one has a backbone to do anything about this guy. He also said that he always dicks around and is never ready to shoot he shows up late to enter and he is just a real pain in the ass to have on your squad. He also stated the worst part of it is this guy re-sells the brass. This guy also jokingly told me that the club members draw staws each shoot to see whos squad this guy get put on. I also have talked with other shooters that I have met over the past two years that have stopped coming to the shoot because of this one individual. One fellow shooter told me of a time when this guys young son litterally was try to take the brass out of his hand. ITS A REAL SHAME THAT NO ONE WILL ADDRESS THIS GUY!
    Sorry for being long winded but I just had a real bad run in with this guy last fall and have trouble coming back. All in all its a great shoot only cost $10 and the church ladys $5 hot lunch cant be beat.
    Just ask what group Joe is shooting in, and pick another squad.

I've seen the same thing first hand, but I wouldn't let one bad apple ruin it for you. Come on out and shoot!

(Lancaster County)

Reloaders don't worry you can "BUY"your very own brass back right here on PAFOA classifieds!

(Berks County)

There is another solution, let those fellow shooters in your squad know that you would like to keep your brass. If someone is seen picking brass in your squad that shouldn't be politely ask them to stop or tell the RO at the earliest convenience and they should take care of it. Just be thankful that they let you pick the brass up, there are other shoots that don't let you pick brass until the entire shoot is over and the stages are cleaned up to save time. Those seen picking brass before the end get a time penalty added to their score. So it could be worse or better depending on how you look at it.

(Montgomery County)

awfroadan: With all do respect that's no solution! Maybe you didn't read my post carefully . It's not fellow shooters it's one guy ! i've seen him take brass out from under people and watched ROs tell him over and over to clear the range, stop picking brass... *The loss of brass wasn't my concern* it's the loss of shooters and lack of concern of those with power to address this guy was my reason for my post.It's the over all distraction and loss of enjoyment at the shoot the pisses me off.The fact other shooters posted here and knew who I was talking about proves my point.I consider myself a serious reloader and never picked a piece of brass at a organized shoot in my life.I always thought brass was left for ROs and staff as a thank you for their time and work.

Rockstrongo:It might help you but what about the other shooters that have to shoot with this DOUCHE !

MEK 1911: That's bullshit.

Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast