Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast
    (Washington County)

Default Re: VA non-resident carry license to be changed to resident only by AG

Take the Utah/Arizona Classes offered, I just did, and it gives you the maximum total of 37 states. Takes care of Ohio as well.

I think its time for a recall election to get rid of this anti-gun liberal bitch...!! Sorry for the language. I will edit if asked.

Quote Originally Posted by Gunowner99 View Post
    I'm actually leaning toward an Arizona permit. Seems to add a lot of states except Ohio.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    Take the Utah/Arizona Classes offered, I just did, and it gives you the maximum total of 37 states. Takes care of Ohio as well.

I think its time for a recall election to get rid of this anti-gun liberal bitch...!! Sorry for the language. I will edit if asked.
    Unfortunately I don't believe their is recall in PA, but maybe the legislature can pass a law to undermine her and show her where her place is.

I would say go Arizona because Obama has sued that state numerous times and it cover lots of states. Any state Obama hates is a state I love.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Delaware County)

The AG is targeting ALL non-resident permits/licenses - the way to block her is through legislative action. Time to contact our representatives.
    "...The gun at my side means that I cannot be forced, only persuaded...It doesn't limit the actions of those who would interact with me through reason, only the actions of those who would do so by force."
    Marko Kloos 2007

(Washington County)

You get BOTH Utah's and Arizona's with the one class, you buy 3 sets of fingerprints, 1 for Utah and 2 for Arizona, and assemble the rest of the stuff for the packets and send them off. Each one has a fee that needs to be paid to the state. Utah gives you Ohio, Arizona does not.

For GunOwner99
    LegalHeat has a class scheduled in May
    Cabelas (Hamburg) Sat 5/11/2013 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Hamburg, PA

Quote Originally Posted by bluedog46 View Post
    Unfortunately I don't believe their is recall in PA, but maybe the legislature can pass a law to undermine her and show her where her place is.

I would say go Arizona because Obama has sued that state numerous times and it cover lots of states. Any state Obama hates is a state I love.
    Last edited by dmcdonnell; March 27th, 2013 at 11:16 PM.
    - Certified Glock Armorer, Μολὼν λαβέ

Quote Originally Posted by dmcdonnell View Post
    You get BOTH Utah's and Arizona's with the one class, you buy 3 sets of fingerprints, 1 for Utah and 2 for Arizona, and assemble the rest of the stuff for the packets and send them off. Each one has a fee that needs to be paid to the state. Utah gives you Ohio, Arizona does not.

For GunOwner99
    LegalHeat has a class scheduled in May
    Cabelas (Hamburg) Sat 5/11/2013 9:00 AM - 1:00 PM Hamburg, PA
    My big issue with Utah is I would have to pay to take a class when I already took one to get my delaware ccdw and Florida permit. I believe that AZ goes with what I already have.
    I offer discounts on freeze dried foods, knives and other prepping products.

(Bucks County)

My big issue with Utah is I would have to pay to take a class when I already took one to get my delaware ccdw and Florida permit. I believe that AZ goes with what I already have.
    A copy of either permit would suffice.

N. An applicant shall demonstrate competence with a firearm through any of the following:

1. Completion of any firearms safety or training course or class that is available to the general public, that is offered by a law enforcement agency, a junior college, a college or a private or public institution, academy, organization or firearms training school and that is approved by the department of public safety or that uses instructors who are certified by the national rifle association.

2. Completion of any hunter education or hunter safety course approved by the Arizona game and fish department or a similar agency of another state.

3. Completion of any national rifle association firearms safety or training course.

4. Completion of any law enforcement firearms safety or training course or class that is offered for security guards, investigators, special deputies or other divisions or subdivisions of law enforcement or security enforcement and that is approved by the department of public safety.

5. Evidence of current military service or proof of honorable discharge or general discharge under honorable conditions from the United States armed forces.

6. A valid current or expired concealed weapon, firearm or handgun permit or license that is issued by another state or a political subdivision of another state and that has a training or testing requirement for initial issuance.

7. Completion of any governmental police agency firearms training course and qualification to carry a firearm in the course of normal police duties.

8. Completion of any other firearms safety or training course or class that is conducted by a department of public safety approved or national rifle association certified firearms instructor.

(Delaware County)

Looks that way. Now in all fairness if you live in DE or OH its not hard to get a pa permit ( one reason Delaware wont do recipricosity). My issue is states like Florida taking people's hard earned money for a non-res permit and then not fighting to protect our rights.

I think all this is total bull, but just in fundamental fairness FLorida should have inisisted that permits be honored that are in existence until they expire or at least offer refunds ( I know more of a chance of Obama becoming patriots)
    The Florida license is still valid in Florida. Florida has nothing to do with where else it is or isn't valid.

The point I think you are missing is that Utah's class mainly goes over Utah law, which may be different than Delaware law.

States like Utah and Florida can only control what goes on within their own borders. Utah and Florida issue a non resident license so you can carry in Utah or Florida, the fact they are also allowed other places is a bonus and beyond their control.

(Northampton County)

So I need to get a VA license to carry now? (I am currently living in VA to go to school)
    Free "He-Who-Must-Not-Be-Named"

(Delaware County)

Quote Originally Posted by uniballin View Post
    So I need to get a VA license to carry now? (I am currently living in VA to go to school)
    Not sure why everyone is so confused here, the PA AG can not control what other states do outside of PA's borders. If Virginia says a PA LTCF is good in Virginia there is nothing the PA AG can do about it, even if PA says it will only accept a Virginia license/permit from a Virginia resident WITHIN PA.

What it appears the PA AG wants to do is have PA only accept licenses/permits from residents of the state that issued the license/permit. Currently 6 other states have that requirement, ME, NH, MI, SC, CO, & FL.

The PA AG can ask other states to follow suit but she has no authority to make them follow suit.

(Wayne County)

Soberbiker, when other states start to retaliate against Pa. because of Kanes actions it will harm us. Other AGs are looking at what she is doing just as we're watching what NY, Co, De, Md are doing. Look at what Nevada did with Arizona.They'll watch to see what they can get away with in reducing our second amendment rights.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast