Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    (Lackawanna County)

Thumbs up Re: Need advice on a scope for Remington M700 SPS Tactical .308

OK, so after comparing brands and price, weighing in the advice I received here and read on the sniper forums, I went with a Bushnell Legend Ultra HD 4.5-14x44 with Mil-Dot. Paid about $300.00 for it in store which included mounting and bore sighting. Price seemed fair as that's about what the scope is going for elsewhere.

The specs seem close enough to what you guys recommended, and I even read a post on the link 300WM posted
    Quote Originally Posted by 300WM View Post
    I go here from time to time and they got some good info. They have a few threads on this very subject. http://www.sniperforums.com/forum/op...act-308-a.html
    in Which the guy uses the same scope, so I think I did OK yes/no?

Took it out to the range yesterday and was pulling off 2" groups at 100 yards out of the box - although I needed to adjust the sight down and right to get that group on the bulls-eye. I didn't think that was bad considering I have no idea what I'm doing and don't yet fully even understand how to use the mil-dot system (although I am learning). Can't wait to learn how to really make this rig shine!

Pics below. I assume the adjustment on the left side of the scope is for distance, but I've never seen this on a scope before. Scopes I've owned in the past only had two adjustments.

Edit - BTW, gun is chambered in .308
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Truck; April 2nd, 2013 at 06:52 PM.

(Lawrence County)

Default Re: Need advice on a scope for Remington M700 SPS Tactical .308

That adjustment is your focus.

Lycanfastanswerthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

(Wyoming County)

Mine was really picky with ammo. Try a few brands to see what your rifle likes to shoot. The aacad I have "doesn't like" lower grain bullets. I want to get some 200 grain subs soon to play with!
    "I quote no authors but God and experience" Principles Osteopathy

(Lackawanna County)

two things I've noticed with this gun so far.

1)It's a little tricky loading the internal clip with a scope attached. Occasionally I have a feed problem if I don't get the ammo loaded just right.
    2)Also seems to shoot 3 round groups real nice, but the pattern opens up a bit on the 4th and further shots. That might be me not holding proper form after the 3rd shot or the barrel getting warm. Anybody have similar issues.

Otherwise this is a kickin' gun. Very easy to shoot, not much kick, and I'm actually starting to get the hand of the mil-dot thing with the help of the on-line simulators.

(Allegheny County)

Do you still have the factory stock? When I upgraded mine the groups closed up nicely.

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    two things I've noticed with this gun so far.

1)It's a little tricky loading the internal clip with a scope attached. Occasionally I have a feed problem if I don't get the ammo loaded just right.
    2)Also seems to shoot 3 round groups real nice, but the pattern opens up a bit on the 4th and further shots. That might be me not holding proper form after the 3rd shot or the barrel getting warm. Anybody have similar issues.

Otherwise this is a kickin' gun. Very easy to shoot, not much kick, and I'm actually starting to get the hand of the mil-dot thing with the help of the on-line simulators.
    "Having a gun and thinking you are armed is like having a piano and thinking you are a musician" Col. Jeff Cooper (U.S.M.C. Ret.)
    Speed is fine, Accuracy is final

(Lawrence County)

You can do a Sightron SIII 3.5x10 for under $600. It's well above the Vortex Viper and more on par with the PST. I, personally, prefer MOA reticles over Mil Dots, but you really have to ask yourself what you want to do with the gun.

Lycanlikesmagnificationthrope

I taught Chuck Norris to bump-fire.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12