Pennsylvania Firearm Owners Association
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    (Lackawanna County)

Thumbs up Trop gun shop in Elizabeth, PA. - Awesome shop!

I was down in the Harrisburg area as I'm looking to relocate down that way in a few months and decided to stop in and check the place out. I had said that if I was ever down that way I would stop in after their support of our 2A rights by boycotting the Harrisburg show and this was my chance to make good on that. I was very impressed with the store. Unlike up here in NEPA where LGS's are out of everything, they have a pretty good selection of firearms and ammo. They also have some really friendly and knowledgeable folk behind the counters. I was able to show my support for Trop and Magpul that day by picking up a Magpul Remington 870 butt stock while I was there in addition to the other things I picked up. Overall I would say this place rates as "Awesome" in my book.

(Cumberland County)

Default Re: Trop gun shop in Elizabeth, PA. - Awesome shop!

Quote Originally Posted by Truck View Post
    I was down in the Harrisburg area as I'm looking to relocate down that way in a few months and decided to stop in and check the place out. I had said that if I was ever down that way I would stop in after their support of our 2A rights by boycotting the Harrisburg show and this was my chance to make good on that. I was very impressed with the store. Unlike up here in NEPA where LGS's are out of everything, they have a pretty good selection of firearms and ammo. They also have some really friendly and knowledgeable folk behind the counters. I was able to show my support for Trop and Magpul that day by picking up a Magpul Remington 870 butt stock while I was there in addition to the other things I picked up. Overall I would say this place rates as "Awesome" in my book.
    What kind of ammo do they have?

(Dauphin County)

It depends on when you get there. They get regular shipments of everything, but post their stock on their Facebook page, so it’s gone in a day or so, and then you'll have to wait for the next shipment. If you call them and ask for an ammo update, they may or may not tell you, but by the time you get there, that information will be moot.

I have been able to pick up a brick of .22 about half the times I’ve dropped in. I have seen 9mm on the selves just about every trip, but I already stocked up in November, so I only get a box now and then to replenish what I may have shot at the range. Prices for ammunition are waaaaay more reasonable than online, although they are higher than they were last November. Ammunition purchases are limited to one brick of .22 and/or two boxes of pistol ammunition per customer per day. I don’t shoot 5.56 or .223 so I don’t know their policy for those calibers.

Here is a short video of a .22 feeding frenzy from last week . . . .

https://www.facebook.com/video/embed...26081864108922

(Cumberland County)

Thanks for that...having a hard time getting 9mm. I can only purchase one box per visit where I go and the prices at the gun show this weekend were ridiculous...I will check them out...thanks again.

(Lancaster County)

I can only purchase one box per visit
    Trop is also limiting purchases. 2 boxes per caliber, 1 bulk pack per caliber and only 1 brick of .22 per person.

I'm just thankful they are doing it this way so more people can get ammo.

Best thing is to like them on facebook, they have been pretty good updating their inventory each morning.

(Lebanon County)

When I was there two weeks ago, they had a pretty good selection of hand guns in the cases too. The part that bothers me is I would hate to think I need to activate a FB account just to be able to see an accurate inventory though.
    Brian - US Navy Retired - If you aren't having fun doing it, find something else to do.

(Chester County)

Quote Originally Posted by brianinpa View Post
    When I was there two weeks ago, they had a pretty good selection of hand guns in the cases too. The part that bothers me is I would hate to think I need to activate a FB account just to be able to see an accurate inventory though.
    go to www.tropgun.com, click 'Facebook' link at bottom of website, several inventories in both left and right columns under heading 'Trop Gun Shop' - watch the dates of each.
    IANAL

(Allegheny County)

Elizabethtown, Pa. is not anywhere close to ELIZABETH , Pa. (old steel town 28 miles from Pittsburgh.) >>>>>>>>I had my hopes Up... FOR A WHILE.

Here … Hold my drink; and watch this.

(Berks County)

I was part of that feeding frenzy last week. That's exactly how it goes at 10:00.
    Gunowner99 - NRA Benefactor Life Member

(Chester County)

i really like Trop they have done a great job keeping avalibly and not getting all pricy rapey

the new partners have really made a big difference in that shop

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast